Craney steps down at Central

HTV

3 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

You heard huh, exactly it was hearsay until it happened. I hear things all day everyday but until they happen it’s all hearsay. And it’s hard to be a “candidate” for a job until the job is actually opened, at least in the real world maybe not yours :rolleyes:. So a program that is rich in tradition and talent since heck the 80s is supposed to “lower” its expectations right? Because nobody that is a really good Coach could possibly come in and win there right? Nobody could possibly start keeping Central talent home instead of it being poached to Powell and Bearden and private schools right? Nobody alive can do that according to you….well bad news for you bud it can be done, has been done and will be done again. Central will rise again, maybe not be in the state title game every year. But it will always be a playoff contender and a great school for football.

Don't be mad that someone is recruiting your players. You have to recruit if you want to win in knox county much less the state. Rosser was taking other school's kids and you either turned a blind eye or was ok with it because everybody's doing it.

Ya'll were good during the Helton days and were up and down until Rosser came. I would not say rich in tradition, but I would agree with having talent in the zone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Don't be mad that someone is recruiting your players. You have to recruit if you want to win in knox county much less the state. Rosser was taking other school's kids and you either turned a blind eye or was ok with it because everybody's doing it.

Ya'll were good during the Helton days and were up and down until Rosser came. I would not say rich in tradition, but I would agree with having talent in the zone. 

Mad? Lol, not hardly. I’m just pointing out the obvious offenders. And a little secret, none and let me repeat, NONE of those players would be elsewhere had Coach Rosser not had to leave. And not Jones, Lowe or anyone else could have done anything about it. Just a FYI :thumb:

4 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Mad? Lol, not hardly. I’m just pointing out the obvious offenders. And a little secret, none and let me repeat, NONE of those players would be elsewhere had Coach Rosser not had to leave. And not Jones, Lowe or anyone else could have done anything about it. Just a FYI :thumb:

I dont doubt rosser's ability to recruit with those two, whether its keeping your own or brining new in. He is gone though and wont be back. Which means the players will never be on the same level that he had.

Central will fight with Halls for 3rd/4th until that region changes. Respectable but not the picture you paint.

20 hours ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

I dont doubt rosser's ability to recruit with those two, whether its keeping your own or brining new in. He is gone though and wont be back. Which means the players will never be on the same level that he had.

Central will fight with Halls for 3rd/4th until that region changes. Respectable but not the picture you paint.

Yeah, this is going to be a tough rebuild.  Rosser is gone and ain't coming back, and Stanton Stevens is not only a candidate, he is the front runner.  

I think he can come in 4 out of 6 at Central and make the playoffs, but beating West and Powell each year?  Good luck to whoever ends up taking the job.  

8 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Yeah, this is going to be a tough rebuild.  Rosser is gone and ain't coming back, and Stanton Stevens is not only a candidate, he is the front runner.  

I think he can come in 4 out of 6 at Central and make the playoffs, but beating West and Powell each year?  Good luck to whoever ends up taking the job.  

Yes I agree with what you said. This job is fighting for 3rd place in the current region with Halls. always traveling for the playoffs

4 hours ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Yes I agree with what you said. This job is fighting for 3rd place in the current region with Halls. always traveling for the playoffs

Because no Coach could ever POSSIBLY come in and rebuild it and compete with Powell and West right? Those two are just unbeatable, my god better than all those Maryville teams over the years! I’m sorry, but that’s a comical statement.

13 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Because no Coach could ever POSSIBLY come in and rebuild it and compete with Powell and West right? Those two are just unbeatable, my god better than all those Maryville teams over the years! I’m sorry, but that’s a comical statement.

I mean if you call losing every year, like ya'll did year in year out to maryville, competing then I guess ya'll could lose every year to Powell and West and call it competing. 

26 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

I mean if you call losing every year, like ya'll did year in year out to maryville, competing then I guess ya'll could lose every year to Powell and West and call it competing. 

My point is you act like Powell and West are completely unbeatable, I was simply saying you’re comparing them to those Maryville teams by saying they aren’t beatable. Perhaps you should read a little closer before ya post, either way it’s comical.