Does south Pittsburgh recruit out of state?

BUpro

9 minutes ago, rlh said:

Incorrect. 

Alcoa had a kid "transfer" from Seymour years ago. Claimed he moved in to help his sick granny. I asked her name & got no answer :) I did hear about schools in the Chattanooga area getting kids from Alabama & Georgia across the line

Edited by Hadmatter

29 minutes ago, Hadmatter said:

Alcoa had a kid "transfer" from Seymour years ago. Claimed he moved in to help his sick granny. I asked her name & got no answer :) I did hear about schools in the Chattanooga area getting kids from Alabama & Georgia across the line

Immaterial

We had two kids (brothers) transfer during the off season because they legitimately moved... however, the TSSAA did not allow them to play because they played football at the other school as freshman...they are not 5 star guys, heck they probably would not have even started but they still could not play so they both lost their sophomore years! I really think that sucks for the kids, because they cannot control where they move! but i highly doubt that Pitt is doing any illegal recruiting, they don't have too, people want to play for winning teams!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheFootballDad said:

We had two kids (brothers) transfer during the off season because they legitimately moved... however, the TSSAA did not allow them to play because they played football at the other school as freshman...they are not 5 star guys, heck they probably would not have even started but they still could not play so they both lost their sophomore years! I really think that sucks for the kids, because they cannot control where they move! but i highly doubt that Pitt is doing any illegal recruiting, they don't have too, people want to play for winning teams!

That’s tough for those kids, I don’t understand that ruling from TSSAA when they let SP get two big time seniors one from a private school CCS, who just so happened to play them last year and waxed SP. The other one who got there right before the season started from a big school in Georgia who was not legally aloud to play in Georgia , because of his actions.  They used the federal McKinney-Vento Homeless Act which is basically homeless kids needing help to get an education. That simply wasn’t true he chose to be homeless to play football for SP. Seems like TSSAA just picks and chooses their battles. There is definitely an Asterisk by their championship IMO. Even if they didn’t recruit him they gave him safe passage with limited questions asked, because they saw the Auburn commit who could possibly win some football games.  And they don’t win the ship without those two players. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts22