Jeff Miner steps down at HVA

JournalEntry

1 minute ago, GatorTDMaker said:

Carter doesn’t support their football coaches with money the way most other KCS schools do. Can’t blame him. Carter hasn’t had 4 straight winning seasons maybe ever. 

I have many friends that are coaches in Knox County....What schools are you referring to that "support with money"?  Knox County has a supplement stipend pay scale in place.  How would they manage this? 

9 minutes ago, pdover1776 said:

I have many friends that are coaches in Knox County....What schools are you referring to that "support with money"?  Knox County has a supplement stipend pay scale in place.  How would they manage this? 

Booster clubs and private donors…..and that’s just limiting it to Knox county. Knox county is a caveman league and locked cosching stipends and have been for years. Football coaches work year around infinite amounts of hours but knox county thinks having the same pay scale since the 80s is good enough. 

other schools in surrounding counties have higher updated stipends AND get supplemented by private donors and booster clubs. 

• Upvote 1

Tifwiw but i was told last night that Carter HC Justin Pressley is the in house favorite for this position. I don’t know much about him but i know Carter is no longer a pushover under him which is what we need to become in the Valley. I wonder how much of his current staff would join him? His air raid would at least be more fun than whatever we tried to do last year. 

22 minutes ago, HawkDad33 said:

Tifwiw but i was told last night that Carter HC Justin Pressley is the in house favorite for this position. I don’t know much about him but i know Carter is no longer a pushover under him which is what we need to become in the Valley. I wonder how much of his current staff would join him? His air raid would at least be more fun than whatever we tried to do last year. 

how long has he been at carter?  Doesn't seem that long to me.

1 hour ago, HawkDad33 said:

4-5 years i think. They have beaten some quality programs the last few years. Walker valley, SC, Webb, and GP. That’s impressive at Carter. 

Different type of kids at carter and I bet they are allowed to bring in kids there whereas HVA can't do as easy due to the school's pop