Mairvul Footbawl 2024

STARSNBARS

6 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

The head coach and AD are very good young men. It's a big direction the school is moving in. Anyone in my generation are in total disbelief but most of us have moved out into the county and have no voice come election time. The group that do vote have been brainwashed so no help from that end on getting them out. I'm not on here to destroy the place I went to school but to shed light and get things fixed. My bet is the AD has his hands tied on a lot of things. When everyone watched how the girls basketball coach was handled 3 years ago that was the messgae sent down the line at MHS and a big reason most tow the line to not attract attention to themselves. If you know anything about Maryville High it's well known who the pets are, who sold their soul and who the brown nosers are.

385874724_6702265066485751_4917438545011185414_n.jpg

Anyone with half a brain knows that good athletic programs help the culture of the school. It brings community in and their support. Schools who have good athletic programs also have good test scores. When leaders go away from that then the school will take a turn for the worse. It seems like this is happening at Maryville from what you have said.

I still believe that once ya'll went to 6A it was the beginning of the end for football

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Anyone with half a brain knows that good athletic programs help the culture of the school. It brings community in and their support. Schools who have good athletic programs also have good test scores. When leaders go away from that then the school will take a turn for the worse. It seems like this is happening at Maryville from what you have said.

I still believe that once ya'll went to 6A it was the beginning of the end for football

You are right that athletics and especially football help both culturally and financially. But you are dead wrong in saying that when Maryville moved to 6A it was the beginning of the end. Maryville has won 6 championships since moving to 6A, runner-up for 4 others. Although the competition is definitely better, that is not the issue. Maryville has the talent and resources to compete for a championship every single year. The issue the last few years has all started from the top, the administration, not buying in or caring about football or athletics. That shows in many different ways and areas. They were always going to take a step back whenever GQ left, but Coach Hunt is a great leader and very good head coach. I do have some questions on decisions they've made in recent years on some assistant coaches and some on-field schemes, and think those decisions have hurt them. But the sooner they get the administration issue fixed, the better. That's the main issue in my opinion.

There are many on this board who are much better connected to the happenings at 8:25 than I am. My opinions are strictly limited to what I’ve seen through my sons involvement over the last 12 years or so. Yes, that is more than one son over 12 yrs! Lol

My primary criticism has been how segmented the athletic programs have become. I had hoped it was just an anomaly when one of my oldest sons missed his graduation ceremony to attend his baseball substate game. Talk about a lack of planning! That’s inexcusable. Most recently, one sports program is having a game on the same night the basketball team is playing for a chance to play in the state tournament. That is kind of ridiculous. There are other examples.
IMO BETTER integration among sports programs is needed. Everyone used to completely support football. Now, the other programs support football, but not at the expense of their own team. Players have become more dedicated to one sport because the coaches encourage that. If we are going to play that game, we need to add on facilities because we will need another thousand kids at 8:25.

Part of the AD role in the administration should be to form that connection between individual sports programs (and academics for that matter). Otherwise, I’m not sure how an AD is being utilized. It includes more than eating lunch together.

Edited by strongx

38 minutes ago, JJrebel2010 said:

You are right that athletics and especially football help both culturally and financially. But you are dead wrong in saying that when Maryville moved to 6A it was the beginning of the end. Maryville has won 6 championships since moving to 6A, runner-up for 4 others. Although the competition is definitely better, that is not the issue. Maryville has the talent and resources to compete for a championship every single year. The issue the last few years has all started from the top, the administration, not buying in or caring about football or athletics. That shows in many different ways and areas. They were always going to take a step back whenever GQ left, but Coach Hunt is a great leader and very good head coach. I do have some questions on decisions they've made in recent years on some assistant coaches and some on-field schemes, and think those decisions have hurt them. But the sooner they get the administration issue fixed, the better. That's the main issue in my opinion.

Never said that it was going to just come to a fast stop. I know yall have won some 6A titles. I just knew that when ya'll made the jump that it would be the beginning of the end and once GQ left I knew that it was over. Not saying that yall will be a bad football team or program just the magnificent run would be over.

5 minutes ago, STARSNBARS said:

Ennurustin' sx and whut yeer wuz tha Princypull att 825 chainged....???

:popcorneater:

Not sure, they all start running together for me. It had to be around the same time. If I’m not mistaken, a new booster club president was put in place around that time as well. 

8 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Here is what's very concerning about the Booster's Club that I pulled up online of the revenue the High School has taken in the past11 years. 

2012      231,508

2013      245,985

2014      250,971

2015      268,264

2016       309,064

2017       389,289

2018       352,064

2019       417,010

2020        65,985

2021       54,723 

2022       45,800

There's a very reasonable explanation for the decrease starting in 2020 and it really has nothing to do with leadership.  I don't think here is the place to explain the numbers.  Rest assured.  I do know. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

2021 to my knowledge. What some of the leaders at Maryville High don't understand is the people they love to cherish or that are on board with their agenda don't have two nickles to rub together. The one's that can write the big checks are tired of what's going on up there and quit writing them. We have a great athletic program with a 1924 mindset on promoting it. This NFHS or what ever they want to do broadcast the past few years is horrible. I'm not the only one that gets mad about that. When you have two County High Schools that have nothing compared to Maryville but can put on a production of every game of the season making us look like crap. Look at Farragut and their football website and what do we have, something that looks like one of the elementary schools put together. If they want to look like Fido's Azz keep on doing what your doing up there.

How much of that 45,800 in 2022 came out of your pocket? You won’t even hardly buy a ticket to a home game, just so you have the opportunity to come on here and complain about NFHS 

How many state titles are featured on that farragut website? One? From eight years ago?  Who gives a darn about a website

Do our coaches have the latest and greatest technology for practice and games?  I don’t care about NFHS, I care about HUDL. We’ve got drone, endzone, and sideline cameras feeding live playback to tablets and TVs.  I guess my priorities are just different

Edited by oldrebel

27 minutes ago, oldrebel said:

How much of that 45,800 in 2022 came out of your pocket? You won’t even hardly buy a ticket to a home game, just so you have the opportunity to come on here and complain about NFHS 

How many state titles are featured on that farragut website? One? From eight years ago?  Who gives a darn about a website

Do our coaches have the latest and greatest technology for practice and games?  I don’t care about NFHS, I care about HUDL. We’ve got drone, endzone, and sideline cameras feeding live playback to tablets and TVs.  I guess my priorities are just different

28 minutes ago, oldrebel said:

I Actually have season tickets and have had longer than you have been alive. We have a great product at Maryville High, why hide it. A lot of people that really had a lot to do with building this program can't go to the games anymore but I guess that's something you'll figure out for yourself in 25 years or so. Look at the teams that have games on YouTube like Bradley Central and even Eagleton. Maryville has a rich history in football and they should promote it. I don't go to some games due to my wife being disabled and Having a real bad day so I stay home and make sure she'll be okay. Major reason I can't jump up and go on a long away trip like I used to. That's just apart of life though. It's not just me but a lot of people want to go to the games but can't go. The Farragut website might only have one championship but they have an access to go on there so their fans can see the games. I would much rather pay Maryville High a fee on watching a broadcasted ball game on our own network if the worry is lost gate revenue. That's great that our coaches have the best of everything but a lot of your older fans are sitting at home forced out that help build this program. 

9 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I Actually have season tickets and have had longer than you have been alive. We have a great product at Maryville High, why hide it. A lot of people that really had a lot to do with building this program can't go to the games anymore but I guess that's something you'll figure out for yourself in 25 years or so. Look at the teams that have games on YouTube like Bradley Central and even Eagleton. Maryville has a rich history in football and they should promote it. I don't go to some games due to my wife being disabled and Having a real bad day so I stay home and make sure she'll be okay. Major reason I can't jump up and go on a long away trip like I used to. That's just apart of life though. It's not just me but a lot of people want to go to the games but can't go. The Farragut website might only have one championship but they have an access to go on there so their fans can see the games. I would much rather pay Maryville High a fee on watching a broadcasted ball game on our own network if the worry is lost gate revenue. That's great that our coaches have the best of everything but a lot of your older fans are sitting at home forced out that help build this program. 

So, zero - got it

For the grand titans of years ago that we owe everything to - name names, I’ll give them a ride

4 minutes ago, oldrebel said:

So, zero - got it

For the grand titans of years ago that we owe everything to - name names, I’ll give them a ride

When we live in a time where the TSSAA has broken up schools into 6 fifty school classes meaning we're going to Bradley Central, Cleveland, Science Hill and another trip to Bradley Central a lot of people aren't going to make it to a 7 p.m. game when they get off at five. Even harder to go to Knoxville to see a game because of all the traffic. Now those people all go home and either hope it's on NFHS or You tube. That's why?