Mairvul Footbawl 2024

STARSNBARS

I do think Maryville will be improved next year. It was very evident they have a lot of young talent, especially the second half of the year. I'm looking forward to seeing how they grow and improve during the offseason. And I really think the coaching staff will make some adjustments this offseason and hopefully we will see a more aggressive style of football next season. That's been the biggest takeaway for me the past couple of seasons. I see a lot of talk about talent and not having the athletes to dominate like they once did. First off, I don't think we will ever see the dominance that Maryville had every single year with GQ. No one will ever be able to replicate that, and I don't think we should expect that either. Second, I think the overall talent level has increased in this area and across the state, so that in itself makes things more competitive across the board and more difficult to win each week. Lastly, with all of that said, I do think Maryville still has more than enough talent to dominate their region and get back to playing on Black Friday for a chance to compete for championships.

To me, it's more about:

• Getting back to playing Maryville football schematically on both sides of the ball (please God no more 3 man line on defense)
  • Being less predictable offensively - keeping the defense on their heels and using the run game to set up the pass game and stretch the field
  • Developing QBs and having a playmaker at QB (which I think #5 is and will be) that commands the offense
  • Getting back to playing sound football - Maryville has beaten itself in several games over the past couple years. That is something that never happened before.

We'll see if these things happen. I have faith that they will, but time will tell.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, JJrebel2010 said:

I do think Maryville will be improved next year. It was very evident they have a lot of young talent, especially the second half of the year. I'm looking forward to seeing how they grow and improve during the offseason. And I really think the coaching staff will make some adjustments this offseason and hopefully we will see a more aggressive style of football next season. That's been the biggest takeaway for me the past couple of seasons. I see a lot of talk about talent and not having the athletes to dominate like they once did. First off, I don't think we will ever see the dominance that Maryville had every single year with GQ. No one will ever be able to replicate that, and I don't think we should expect that either. Second, I think the overall talent level has increased in this area and across the state, so that in itself makes things more competitive across the board and more difficult to win each week. Lastly, with all of that said, I do think Maryville still has more than enough talent to dominate their region and get back to playing on Black Friday for a chance to compete for championships.

To me, it's more about:

• Getting back to playing Maryville football schematically on both sides of the ball (please God no more 3 man line on defense)
  • Being less predictable offensively - keeping the defense on their heels and using the run game to set up the pass game and stretch the field
  • Developing QBs and having a playmaker at QB (which I think #5 is and will be) that commands the offense
  • Getting back to playing sound football - Maryville has beaten itself in several games over the past couple years. That is something that never happened before.

We'll see if these things happen. I have faith that they will, but time will tell.

JJr2010 thes ere all goodur points.....Eye rilly uhgree we cain't haiv ennymoore loosin' two teems we ort two beet....Like Cleavlund inn 2022 and Farrah-Gut this paist yeer....No dissreespeck two tham teems...Butt tham losses ere inneggscusabull.....

If'un eye wuz corchin' eye wood go baick and look att sum ov GQ's teems and git me sum plays two run.....:popcorneater:

On 12/29/2023 at 7:25 PM, strongx said:

I once had a coach who told us there was difference in being assaulted vs laying down naked on the street. Have we started stripping down?

sx tha 3rd graid teekaps ere goodur........Nichee sez skools iz goodur.....

Sports ere knott tha frunt porch ov Mairvul Hi ennymoore.....:popcorneater:

Baghdad Bob Comical Ali GIF - Baghdad Bob Comical Ali Mohammed Saeed Al  Sahaf - Discover & Share GIFs

1 hour ago, STARSNBARS said:

Barn and sx tha Mairvul Skool Direcktur ov Skools all cunsurned abowt skool vowelchures inn tha Missprint twoday......Now if'un we cood jist tham az farred-upp abowt Mairvul footbawl ......:popcorneater:

I read most of that. From what little I know about it, I’m not a big fan though there is probably some good with it. I was wondering if it would free up some positions for the lil fellers. That would be good.

Im still hoping the 3 wiser men will deliver the message.