Mairvul Footbawl 2024

STARSNBARS

Not heard much of anything regarding the football team since the last game played. The only news coming out of Maryville High is about Vouchers and a book someone wants pulled from the library shelf because they feel it's to not appropriate for 15-16 year olds to read but the board and the director of schools see different. Funny how all this has changed since my day's at Maryville High because every bit of this would be in reverse. Back to football, I would love to see Derek do a podcast on what's going on and give some updates on 2024. I really enjoyed all of Derek's podcast last season and looking forward to watching more this year. He does a great interview and if you haven't ever seen one I suggest to go to you tube and watch a few.

Edited by BarneySox2007

• 3 weeks later...

Just a note to all the Maryville fans, we lost a good man James C."Buddy" Allen on the 27th of January at the age of 84 who was one of the biggest football and basketball fans the school has ever had. He'll be missed very much and he was always a pleasure to talk with. Anytime you talked with Buddy the conversation was going to be about the football and basketball team. He loved his Maryville Red Rebels.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Just a note to all the Maryville fans, we lost a good man James C."Buddy" Allen on the 27th of January at the age of 84 who was one of the biggest football and basketball fans the school has ever had. He'll be missed very much and he was always a pleasure to talk with. Anytime you talked with Buddy the conversation was going to be about the football and basketball team. He loved his Maryville Red Rebels.

Great guy and very good man. Had several of those conversations with him. He will be missed. 

Edited by mhs
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Barn you are right.....Mr. Buddy Allen was class all the way through and I would say no one ever loved Dear Old Maryville High more than Buddy.......

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...