Mairvul Footbawl 2024

STARSNBARS

Weal Mairvul bee enny goodurer....???......Weal we haiv a WR hoo cain beet man cuvridge....???.....Weal we haiv a WR hoo cain block fer WR screans...???....Weal we haiv ennymoore size onn deefence....???.....Weal we bee fizzycull and strong  enuff two keap Farrah-Gut frum runnin' hit down our thoat....???....Weal we haiv enny rume fer goodurer move-ins....???....Weal we knott kick hit two #6....???.....Weal evurbodee frum addminnisstrayshun onn down bee all inn....???....Weal the 3 Wise Men brang gifts....???

Eye'll thaink ov sum moore qwestuns laiter......Pleese disscuss....:popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

1 hour ago, STARSNBARS said:

Weal Mairvul bee enny goodurer....???......Weal we haiv a WR hoo cain beet man cuvridge....???.....Weal we haiv a WR hoo cain block fer WR screans...???....Weal we haiv ennymoore size onn deefence....???.....Weal we bee fizzycull and strong  enuff two keap Farrah-Gut frum runnin' hit down our thoat....???....Weal we haiv enny rume fer goodurer move-ins....???....Weal we knott kick hit two #6....???.....Weal evurbodee frum addminnisstrayshun onn down bee all inn....???....Weal the 3 Wise Men brang gifts....???

Eye'll thaink ov sum moore qwestuns laiter......Pleese disscuss....:popcorneater:

Sounds like plenty of opportunities for improvement. It’s about time for some New Year’s resolutions!

After getting beat by Bradley twice and watching Oakland do the same to the Bears and them Houston manhandled the Patriots like they did it sent me into an abyss, I see no hope of ever returning to the stage we once took for granted. This has no bearing on GQ leaving or Coach Hunt's coaching ability. We plainly don't have the athletes or the size players that schools like Oakland or Houston have or ever will especially the size. It's very hard to accept knowing there aren't any good answers and what's worse is watching Bearden join the crowd right in front of our eyes.The game has caught up to us. I myself would rather not do as some schools have and go raid other programs or support this NIL nonsense which is the beginning of the end. An uneven playing field is now before us that only the TSSAA can fix before it gets so far out of hand people will quit coming to the games,

Edited by BarneySox2007

5 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

After getting beat by Bradley twice and watching Oakland do the same to the Bears and them Houston manhandled the Patriots like they did it sent me into an abyss, I see no hope of ever returning to the stage we once took for granted. This has no bearing on GQ leaving or Coach Hunt's coaching ability. We plainly don't have the athletes or the size players that schools like Oakland or Houston have or ever will especially the size. It's very hard to accept knowing there aren't any good answers and what's worse is watching Bearden join the crowd right in front of our eyes.The game has caught up to us. I myself would rather not do as some schools have and go raid other programs or support this NIL nonsense which is the beginning of the end. An uneven playing field is now before us that only the TSSAA can fix before it gets so far out of hand people will quit coming to the games,

Don't count on the TSSAA fixing anything. They are moving in the other direction.

47 minutes ago, alt1958b said:

Don't count on the TSSAA fixing anything. They are moving in the other direction.

They'll put the thing out of business. They have everyone driving all over the place every year to play 45 teams all across the state for an enrollment system that don't work. I'm a contractor/business owner that predicts games every week and I was 80.5% this year without the help of any media or info on most teams but I do that for fun but most and forall to show how predictable it is and why people don't show up at games like they used to because it don't take an Albert Einstein to figure out who will win so most chose not to waste time in boredom that night and do something different and save the 100 mile drive.

Edited by BarneySox2007

Fellers and rw87 when'st she chimes inn.....If'un we down't haiv tha biggust ere best athleets, why knott haiv tha strongust athleets...???.......Tha hardust werkin' teem inn tha stait....???.....

Rebullron eye uhgree Will iz vurry vurry goodur, butt whut ere we gonna haiv arownd Will two support him....???....Whos gonna bee tha D-linemuns, LBers, DB's etc....???

Barn do ewe eggspeck tha powers thait bee two hep tha footbawl teem like thay hepped tha girls baskitbawl teem....???......(Wait nevur mind onn tha laist qwestun).....:popcorneater:

The TSSAA is merely responding to the trend around the country and when the state tries to push "school choice" down everyone's throat,  there is only so much they can do. The best coaches adapt to their situation. I believe Derek Hunt is a very good coach but a refusal to accept this as the norm going forward is going to lead to some rough years. 

Biggest crutch for Maryville has been QB play. Maryville used to be the gold standard at that position, cranking out a FBS or FCS QB every 2-3 years. It allowed them to be truly balanced and take whatever the defense gave them, which is still pretty rare at this level.

Maryville has been too good over the last 50-55 years to stay down for long

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

The TSSAA is merely responding to the trend around the country and when the state tries to push "school choice" down everyone's throat,  there is only so much they can do. The best coaches adapt to their situation. I believe Derek Hunt is a very good coach but a refusal to accept this as the norm going forward is going to lead to some rough years. 

Biggest crutch for Maryville has been QB play. Maryville used to be the gold standard at that position, cranking out a FBS or FCS QB every 2-3 years. It allowed them to be truly balanced and take whatever the defense gave them, which is still pretty rare at this level.

Even Saban decided to get in the game by bidding on players in the portal. Us old guys may not like it, but the earth ain’t flat. Gotta figure out the best way to roll with the changes. Startup costs ain’t going down.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, strongx said:

Even Saban decided to get in the game by bidding on players in the portal. Us old guys may not like it, but the earth ain’t flat. Gotta figure out the best way to roll with the changes. Startup costs ain’t going down.

I'm not crazy about it either,  but the ones that don't adapt will be the ones sitting at home every november

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Oh, I know the TSSAA has their hands tied in a large aspect. why I said they were heading in the other direction.

I get the point about having to match up. but that don't mean you will not be a factor. Bradley was able to come back and tie Oakland despite the matchup in size issue. It can be done but it's tough. Unfortunately, the Bears were not able to sustain it.

Edited by alt1958b