Barney's Dumpster Fire Award for East Tennessee 1A Football

BarneySox2007

@BarneySox2007 define the  "dumpster fire" meaning  in your topic heading.  

Team's records?  Plus?   Other things? 

Lookout Valley does well to field a team year in and year out, but yet they do. 

There are small schools that struggle with low enrollments,   And I'd never call them a dumpster fire for stepping up and trying to compete in football in the TSSAA playoff format. 

So, "define" it in your terms.  

44 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

There are small schools that struggle with low enrollments,   And I'd never call them a dumpster fire for stepping up and trying to compete in football in the TSSAA playoff format. 

I realize small schools struggle but Lookout Valley has usually had a decent team then 0-10 then next year 5-5. That is the norm in the smaller schools. Hoping to find out why some of these schools are having troubles. 

27 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I realize small schools struggle but Lookout Valley has usually had a decent team then 0-10 then next year 5-5. That is the norm in the smaller schools. Hoping to find out why some of these schools are having troubles. 

They are the longest continuous game on SP's schedule outside of Whitwell.  They have never beat SP on the field (0 - 41).  They have beat Jasper and Whitwell.  They are about 32 & 13 vs. Whitwell.   They have had some decent teams off and on over the years, but depth has always been a problem and a serious one the past 2 years.  They aren't a dumpster fire. 

Edited by rlh

1 hour ago, rlh said:

They are the longest continuous game on SP's schedule outside of Whitwell.  They have never beat SP on the field (0 - 41).  They have beat Jasper and Whitwell.  They are about 32 & 13 vs. Whitwell.   They have had some decent teams off and on over the years, but depth has always been a problem and a serious one the past 2 years.  They aren't a dumpster fire. 

Thanks rlh

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Looks like your method of "finding out" is to make accusations and wait for someone prove you wrong. Get called out, and it's no big deal... you may have a career in law enforcement awaiting.

3 hours ago, rlh said:

Good answer, Professor. 

good-answer-family-feud.gif

3 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Those "bad" years they could easily be a player or two from not even being able to field a team.  It's rough down here Barney.  :thumb:

I know I'm always asking this but when you look at these dumpster fires who is the most likely to climb out of it and who is gonna continue to burn?

Another interesting point dumpster fire 1A Cosby plays dumpster fire 2A Cumberland Gap week 1 next season Cosby won this seasons will they do it again or will CG be much improved?

small schools struggling to find boys to play football shouldn’t be something we make fun instead we should look to find positive in every situation. Win lose or draw our country is better off when young men learn the values I learned in the gridiron. Calling out dumpster fires in these small schools isn’t something to be doing 

• Like 1

On 12/17/2023 at 3:04 PM, Southtowner said:

Other things….tearing a 396 down and putting back together….