AAA Basketball

Tigers615

AAA Region Championships

Greeneville/Elizabethton - Elizabethton playing well late this season but I think Greeneville takes this one

Northview/Cocke Co - Northview wins a close one

Heritage/Signal Mtn - Heritage wins comfortably

White Co/Upperman - should be a great game but White Co too big and too talented this year

Macon Co/Portland - haven't seen Portland this year but I expect Macon to win this one

South Side/Chester Co - South Side stays hot

Dyersburg/South Gibson - impressed that SG is in this game with all their injuries; Dyersburg getting healthy at the right time and wins by double digits

Millington/Covington - neither team is great, but Millington is better

15 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

No disrespect but you know as well as I do that Macon would not have made it out of the district in 7AAA.  Covid year they had the best team and Larry won them a gold ball. They had a great run but no way they come out of 7AAA this year. But that doesn’t matter now. They won their games and deserve what they earn. 

If I remember correctly in 2020 you said Putnam Academy was better and would beat Macon. How about some respect for a team who has struggled with talent loss because they don’t have 5-6,000 kids to pick from? Yes they are in a lesser region but still they have tradition and coaching experience to see them though. If they win tonight they host a team in the sub state and it’s not some easy task to win at Nera White. 

2 hours ago, Khall555 said:

If I remember correctly in 2020 you said Putnam Academy was better and would beat Macon. How about some respect for a team who has struggled with talent loss because they don’t have 5-6,000 kids to pick from? Yes they are in a lesser region but still they have tradition and coaching experience to see them though. If they win tonight they host a team in the sub state and it’s not some easy task to win at Nera White. 

Amen brother but don’t believe I said that in 2020. Research a little and let me know. I applaud Macon County for doing what all small county schools and athletes dream of. I hope they win and make it back to the state tournament. Heck I’d even wear blue and white ( I still have those colors somewhere) if they do unless….: they play Upperman haha

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

Amen brother but don’t believe I said that in 2020. Research a little and let me know. I applaud Macon County for doing what all small county schools and athletes dream of. I hope they win and make it back to the state tournament. Heck I’d even wear blue and white ( I still have those colors somewhere) if they do unless….: they play Upperman haha

I thought you were a Jackson Co fan anyway. 

5 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

I thought you were a Jackson Co fan anyway. 

Well, I still am I lived down there for many years and I coached middle school basketball there. I was the assistant for the high school boys basketball team for a while still a big fan.  But I remarried, moved to Putnam county, and now I have daughters that go to Upperman. Two of them play basketball and one is a high school cheerleader for Upperman So therefore, I am an Upperman fan lol

Tonight’s Upperman vs White Co game should be good. If we can get reed and jones in foul trouble that would definitely help. Both coaches our very good coaches and can make it hard to beat them because they can adjust there game plan. It doesn’t matter that south side lost 3 starters. There is still plenty of talent to win a gold ball again this season. 

55 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Well, I still am I lived down there for many years and I coached middle school basketball there. I was the assistant for the high school boys basketball team for a while still a big fan.  But I remarried, moved to Putnam county, and now I have daughters that go to Upperman. Two of them play basketball and one is a high school cheerleader for Upperman So therefore, I am an Upperman fan lol

I knew u were a jackson co fan! I work with bobby knight( he told me some good stories about you)! But i thought you were a white co fan! I know you graduated from there. 

6 hours ago, maddams said:

AAA Region Championships

Greeneville/Elizabethton - Elizabethton playing well late this season but I think Greeneville takes this one

Northview/Cocke Co - Northview wins a close one

Heritage/Signal Mtn - Heritage wins comfortably

White Co/Upperman - should be a great game but White Co too big and too talented this year

Macon Co/Portland - haven't seen Portland this year but I expect Macon to win this one

South Side/Chester Co - South Side stays hot

Dyersburg/South Gibson - impressed that SG is in this game with all their injuries; Dyersburg getting healthy at the right time and wins by double digits

Millington/Covington - neither team is great, but Millington is better

Macon Plays Station Camp BTW

Dyersburg gets a hard fought win over a great effort by SGC tonight. The Lady Trojans did not shoot well for the game. Turnovers, in my opinion, we’re the difference, as the Lady Hornets had a lot of trouble protecting the basketball.

Covington and Millington play tomorrow night to determine Substate placements.

Still sticking by my prediction that both Dburg and SGC make it to the glass house. 

Cocke County gets a hard fought win over Northview. The lady red played well last night won 3-4 quarters played great defense and rebounded the basketball very well. The Lady Red will host Elizabethton Saturday at home they beat them earlier in the year,CCHS beat Upperman earlier in the year, lost a close one to Jackson South Side. These girls play hard and bring it every night.