Baylor vs Mccallie 1/25

FR615

13 hours ago, cowcatcherII said:

I mean if it’s in the meat of the lineup and two lock state champs, process of elimination would tell you it’s gotta be Askew, Sturgill, or Norman… guess time will tell for sure. This would drastically change the D2 landscape if true. 

I normally only look at this message board for entertainment purposes only, and normally it is very entertaining! What is not entertaining is you throwing my Son’s name into a situation that he has nothing to do with. Hunter is not even a boarding student, and has no involvement in anything like this. He has done nothing but represent TN with pride at every possible event imaginable. I would suggest you leave his and my family’s name out of your mouth, when you decide to discuss tabloid gossip especially when you have no idea what you are talking about! I am not hiding behind any screen names, and if you would like to discuss it further you can contact me directly. I am very proud of what he has accomplished, and his commitment  recently to further his career at Indiana University. As a father I would expect grown men to show more discretion when discussing a terrible incident like this, and not throw around accusations against kids that have nothing to do with the situation. You should be ashamed of the disregard you have shown to kids that have nothing to do with this. Sullying a kids reputation for your entertainment is disgusting.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, JSturgill said:

I normally only look at this message board for entertainment purposes only, and normally it is very entertaining! What is not entertaining is you throwing my Son’s name into a situation that he has nothing to do with. Hunter is not even a boarding student, and has no involvement in anything like this. He has done nothing but represent TN with pride at every possible event imaginable. I would suggest you leave his and my family’s name out of your mouth, when you decide to discuss tabloid gossip especially when you have no idea what you are talking about! I am not hiding behind any screen names, and if you would like to discuss it further you can contact me directly. I am very proud of what he has accomplished, and his commitment  recently to further his career at Indiana University. As a father I would expect grown men to show more discretion when discussing a terrible incident like this, and not throw around accusations against kids that have nothing to do with the situation. You should be ashamed of the disregard you have shown to kids that have nothing to do with this. Sullying a kids reputation for your entertainment is disgusting.

Thank you for your post and I can completely see how you feel when I step back and put myself in your shoes. I was merely speculating based on someone's post that said the incident included two boarding students in the meat of the lineup that were lock state champions. That was a mistake and I hope this apology is accepted. Best of luck to your son and congratulations on all that he has accomplished.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BobCorker said:

Father Ryan will certainly have a good shot to win but please don't act as if they haven't had their own issues over the years.  It was just a few years ago that several of their guys had to leave for live-in-rehab.  News flash:  high school kids do stupid things, and it's getting worse not better with younger generations.  

When was the last time Father Ryan won a traditional state tournament? You know, the one that concludes the season. 

Wow, @BobCorker.  "Few years ago," and "several of their guys,."  What year and weights? 

1 hour ago, cowcatcherII said:

Thank you for your post and I can completely see how you feel when I step back and put myself in your shoes. I was merely speculating based on someone's post that said the incident included two boarding students in the meat of the lineup that were lock state champions. That was a mistake and I hope this apology is accepted. Best of luck to your son and congratulations on all that he has accomplished.

I have been around the Sturgill family since our kids were 4 years old. I can say they have done nothing but represent the wrestling community and themselves with nothing but pride and class. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, SportsTNFan said:

Over the years of Baylor taking out of state transfers, have they wrestled for Team Tennessee in the off-season?  I know some of the wrestlers were only there between 1-4 seasons depending on what gap needed to be filled on the roster, so there was not necessarily loyalty for the State of Tennessee in some situations, which makes sense.     

I don’t think many of them have at all, I know askew wrestles for Georgia usually during the offseason. It was just a question I had as I was wondering what the rules are against it in other states.

On 1/23/2024 at 2:16 PM, cobrakid8 said:

I don’t think many of them have at all, I know askew wrestles for Georgia usually during the offseason. It was just a question I had as I was wondering what the rules are against it in other states.

My understanding of this rule, is it depends on where the parents are domiciled and pay taxes as a resident. They could wrestle for the State of TN if their resident state would release them to TN. Most states will not release the athlete. Someone on the USA Board would have a better understanding of this.

1 hour ago, Ummmno said:

Will it be live anywhere?

If anywhere the live Mccallie sports stream on their site. I doubt they miss the chance to stream their first victory over Baylor in 20 matches.

Edited by FR615
  • Like 1