DB Basketball.

bdawg122712

2 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Actually, I mentioned Sevier and he came on to talk about his time there. I went back and read his post again to see if I missed something that brought on this backlash from two obvious losers. Nope, I read it right the first time. He was simply saying you can accomplish a lot if you are committed and work hard. He told the story from first-hand experience. Also, what is bragging? Is it bragging if it's all true? Or do you call it bragging when you know you could never come close to even a fraction of those accomplishments. Quitters and losers are always offended by someone they see as a bragger. Funny how that is. 

Waco, I remember his time at Volunteer. Didn’t know the man, but in real time I was impressed with the job he did at VHS. I thought before he arrived there, VHS was where BB coaches went to disappear.

Edited by noonesfool

4 hours ago, CoachMo45 said:

Wolves 2022,

I did see your critical response to my post.  I have no problems with negative remarks directed my way.  Are you OK?

I don't know who you are, where you went to school, or what kind of an education you received.  Do you have critical thinking skills?  My initial impression is that you should have paid more attention in English class.  You have an opportunity here to tell us about your accomplishments.

I referenced John Sevier Middle School in my post because it was entered on a DB thread.  I do hope that you have the intellectual capacity to understand that. 

Since you requested it, I will refer to my time at Volunteer High School.  When I started coaching basketball at Volunteer, the school had experienced one winning season in 17 years.  There had been no conference championships and no district wins.  Bill Lane wasn't writing about Volunteer as a basketball powerhouse.

I agree with you that I did have some of the best players to ever come through Volunteer.  Those players won several conference and district championships, and we competed in the sub-state twice in my five years at Volunteer.  In my time at Volunteer, each team had a winning season.  Four of the five seasons I was coach, we won over 20 games.  We were 15 and 2 against Central High School, 15 and 1 against Hapy Valley, and had a winning record against Daniel Boone.  We had a victory over Dobyns Bennett which I think was the first in school history.

At least eight of my Volunteer players received scholarships to play college basketball.  You decided to say those players "never accomplished nothing"!  I do think you need to take a remedial course in English.  Are you OK?  Do you really want to tell those players that they "never accomplished nothing"?  In contrast, I think they accomplished a great deal.

If you remember me wearing a shirt that had all my accomplishments on it, it must have been an extra, extra, extra, extra large shirt.  Who does that?  Only me!

When you order your extra, extra, extra small shirt to list your accomplishments, will there be anything on it?  Are you OK?  

Since you seem to think that you can evaluate basketball talent, please let us know your qualifications.

When you get your age, this is all you have.  A keyboard warrior.  You can hide for a while and when a new of group of posters get on CoachT you can start this all over again.  I live in the present not 40-50 years ago. I would wager any amount you have that Coaches such as Buck, Dickie, Bobby, Charlie, and George would NEVER get on here and brag about their accomplishments.  ONLY YOU!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Wolves2022 said:

When you get your age, this is all you have.  A keyboard warrior.  You can hide for a while and when a new of group of posters get on CoachT you can start this all over again.  I live in the present not 40-50 years ago. I would wager any amount you have that Coaches such as Buck, Dickie, Bobby, Charlie, and George would NEVER get on here and brag about their accomplishments.  ONLY YOU!

If you live in the present, why are you bringing up all these coaches from the past and what they would do? 

23 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

If you live in the present, why are you bringing up all these coaches from the past and what they would do? 

Is this the best response you could come up with? I would have expected better from you.  Maybe you need to be joining Biden at the Nursing Home.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CoachMo45 said:

Wolves 2022,

I did see your critical response to my post.  I have no problems with negative remarks directed my way.  Are you OK?

I don't know who you are, where you went to school, or what kind of an education you received.  Do you have critical thinking skills?  My initial impression is that you should have paid more attention in English class.  You have an opportunity here to tell us about your accomplishments.

I referenced John Sevier Middle School in my post because it was entered on a DB thread.  I do hope that you have the intellectual capacity to understand that. 

Since you requested it, I will refer to my time at Volunteer High School.  When I started coaching basketball at Volunteer, the school had experienced one winning season in 17 years.  There had been no conference championships and no district wins.  Bill Lane wasn't writing about Volunteer as a basketball powerhouse.

I agree with you that I did have some of the best players to ever come through Volunteer.  Those players won several conference and district championships, and we competed in the sub-state twice in my five years at Volunteer.  In my time at Volunteer, each team had a winning season.  Four of the five seasons I was coach, we won over 20 games.  We were 15 and 2 against Central High School, 15 and 1 against Hapy Valley, and had a winning record against Daniel Boone.  We had a victory over Dobyns Bennett which I think was the first in school history.

At least eight of my Volunteer players received scholarships to play college basketball.  You decided to say those players "never accomplished nothing"!  I do think you need to take a remedial course in English.  Are you OK?  Do you really want to tell those players that they "never accomplished nothing"?  In contrast, I think they accomplished a great deal.

If you remember me wearing a shirt that had all my accomplishments on it, it must have been an extra, extra, extra, extra large shirt.  Who does that?  Only me!

When you order your extra, extra, extra small shirt to list your accomplishments, will there be anything on it?  Are you OK?  

Since you seem to think that you can evaluate basketball talent, please let us know your qualifications.

Aren't you the same guy that held the ball against us in a scrimmage.  The ole Dean Smith 4 corners.

4 hours ago, Wolves2022 said:

Is this the best response you could come up with? I would have expected better from you.  Maybe you need to be joining Biden at the Nursing Home.

You're just not sharp enough to know that my response burned you to the ground. Maybe you can "Google it"

Hey wacky

did u play ANY sports in school because you sound like you are good being a coach’s pick? Hahaha. Brag up to coaches and be a brown noser..  comparing gc to Alcoa???? you are definitely delusional now!!!

spin it however you like but I can guarantee you that “the next five years will continue to be a dumpster fire in kpt!!!  Kids already saying they ain’t playing for the tribe next year…some are even main players now

6 hours ago, Rebelyell10 said:

Hey wacky

did u play ANY sports in school because you sound like you are good being a coach’s pick? Hahaha. Brag up to coaches and be a brown noser..  comparing gc to Alcoa???? you are definitely delusional now!!!

spin it however you like but I can guarantee you that “the next five years will continue to be a dumpster fire in kpt!!!  Kids already saying they ain’t playing for the tribe next year…some are even main players now

Gate City and Alcoa, smaller enrollments and routinely have the talent to compete with schools with larger enrollments. 100% true and provable. What's delusional? 

I can guarantee you the next 5 years will be stellar at DB. People are getting tired of your butt hurt whining. You have 69 post total and every single one is bashing DB. I think everybody sees what your about. 

Edited by WaCoJaCo

On 2/10/2024 at 11:28 PM, Rebelyell10 said:

how many kids go to gate city again??

To Waco point it's not about the enrollment it's about sed talent at the school. Look up John Marshall a small 2a school in VA with 741 students finished as national champions last year, they're currently ranked 32nd in the nation with 3 losses to other national ranked teams by 6pts or less. George Wythe a 1a school in VA with 461 kids beat Dorman SC with 3700 students in the Arby's Classic, Dorman won state last year in SC, then George Wythe turned around and lost by 1 to Mentor OH with 2600 students. I don’t have a clue who's going to win state in basketball in TN private or public but I'm sure it'll be a school with 2000 kids an John Marshall with 741 will have a running clock against whoever that team is, like Waco said it's not about the number it's about the talent, no matter how many kids you have, you can only have 5 on the court at a time with 1 ball. Then on the football side of it Alcoa with around 600 kids are somewhere in the top 5 public schools every year 

• Like 1