Summit gets Cleveland in Round 1

fooseball95

Out of curiosity who and where is the 135 consecutive found?  What I do know is  while my son was there we lost to Wyoming Sem at Lake Norman duals his freshman year and we lost to Baylor at the Cleveland duals his sophomore year. As for Jefferson Co Ga I know we wrestled them two years in a row and beat them both years at the Smoky Mountain duals. 
As for Camden…it was either last year or the year before that Cleveland traveled to  Ga to wrestle them but I am unsure the outcome of that as my son had already graduated. I guess the point I’m making is that they do travel to big tournaments to wrestle…just not a full team which I agree with. Some kids are just not ready for that level of competition. Just my opinion on that tho. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

they were supposed to face Lake Highland Prep but somehow that fell through! I do wish they would have Camden county or Buford up to the Cleveland duals, I also think Jefferson GA was supposed to be at the Cleveland Duals this year but didnt make it.  

Wow, I didnt know Jefferson isnt as good as they usually are, finished 4th in their division in state duals

You know they could go to Camden County.....stop and visit in Dublin, Ga on the way......I believe a certain Cleveland coach is from there......remember watching him in High School....stud. You know they're even getting a new Buc-ee's in Brunswick. 

Jefferson's Coach Thurmond retried after many years at the helm. New coaches are ex Collins Hill and Parkview wrestlers.

3 minutes ago, BOUNCE said:

Out of curiosity who and where is the 135 consecutive found?  What I do know is  while my son was there we lost to Wyoming Sem at Lake Norman duals his freshman year and we lost to Baylor at the Cleveland duals his sophomore year. As for Jefferson Co Ga I know we wrestled them two years in a row and beat them both years at the Smoky Mountain duals. 
As for Camden…it was either last year or the year before that Cleveland traveled to  Ga to wrestle them but I am unsure the outcome of that as my son had already graduated. I guess the point I’m making is that they do travel to big tournaments to wrestle…just not a full team which I agree with. Some kids are just not ready for that level of competition. Just my opinion on that tho. 

We're only talking duals.  And they have been in tournaments with Camden and if my memory is still intact they finished behind Camden.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Bump11 said:

this is wild lol idk if ive ever seen a bigger case of "stat padding" when they dont venture out and face better competition. theyre perfectly content staying home and beating up on lesser teams in state

https://bvmsports.com/2023/12/22/cleveland-high-school-wins-11th-annual-osceola-knockout-christmas-classic-wrestling-tournament/

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, texas23 said:

Buford sent 9.....I don't know if they were sick early.....but a couple of early tournaments they didn't have full rosters.  And that appeared to be the case for several Georgia teams.  

Edited by RMC

So for all you people who say Joey avoids competition I have a little story to tell you. This is not my story it’s what Scott Green told me personally…he is the assistant wrestling coach at West Point now and was the coach at Wyoming Sym for many years. I do not think my sons coach would lie to me about what he said. 
The year we wrestled Sym at Lake Norman..before our match with Sym…Coach Green said he walked up to Joey and gave Joey 3 options to pick from..

1- have a competitive match with his 3rd string guys. 
2- get beat pretty good by some starters and a mixed group of kids. 
3- get beat really bad by his starters. 
   Coach Green said he gave all public schools this option because he didn’t feel like most public schools were ready for them.   He said Joey was the first and only public school coach to look him in the eye and tell him “I WANT IT ALL”!  We lost every match!! lol
People l can say what they want but I can promise you that Joey is not scared to put his team on the mat and wrestle!! 

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

They're talking specifically duals. 

I figured that would be the response.  But they still seem less scared than what is being portrayed on here by Bump11.  They do bring in duals teams from other states for their tournament, but why would we consider that?  It seems to me that other Tennessee teams would want a shot at wrestling against Cleveland and getting better.  

6 minutes ago, texas23 said:

I figured that would be the response.  But they still seem less scared than what is being portrayed on here by Bump11.  They do bring in duals teams from other states for their tournament, but why would we consider that?  It seems to me that other Tennessee teams would want a shot at wrestling against Cleveland and getting better.  

i didn’t say they were scared lol i said that dual streak is a big case of stat padding. which it is by definition. 95%+ of those are wins are against lesser competition. that’s stat padding. i also said that they don’t venture out to bigger dual tournaments elsewhere, which they don’t, and that they are content staying home and wrestling instate teams mostly..which based on my last 2 points, they are. i told no lies. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Bump11 said:

i didn’t say they were scared lol i said that dual streak is a big case of stat padding. which it is by definition. 95%+ of those are wins are against lesser competition. that’s stat padding. i also said that they don’t venture out to bigger dual tournaments elsewhere, which they don’t, and that they are content staying home and wrestling instate teams mostly..which based on my last 2 points, they are. i told no lies. 

I will take your tack on this, I never said you lied.

Just now, Bump11 said:

you insinuated that i was portraying them as something they’re not. same thing lol

well to be accurate, you did not say duals either.  So you can be more clear with me, I never said you lied.   you insinuated they were scared to put their record at risk.  LOL.  better?