If I were looking for a Head Coach

ILB1999

29 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

If I were looking for a head coach, I'd be trying to get the best coaches off the Alcoa and West staffs.  I'm a bit surprised we haven't seen more of that.

What about the Maryville staff, Mcallie staff, Anderson County staff, Greenville staff, or some of the coaching staffs of Williamson or Rutherford county staffs. A good head coach candidate can com from many coaching staffs.

23 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

What about the Maryville staff, Mcallie staff, Anderson County staff, Greenville staff, or some of the coaching staffs of Williamson or Rutherford county staffs. A good head coach candidate can com from many coaching staffs.

AC maybe.  But I'll believe more in their quality when they do it again.   Tough to pull from greeneville. too far.  Not too interested in the Maryville staff lately.  and How you gonna pull from Mcallie?  That's crazy talk.

7 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

AC maybe.  But I'll believe more in their quality when they do it again.   Tough to pull from greeneville. too far.  Not too interested in the Maryville staff lately.  and How you gonna pull from Mcallie?  That's crazy talk.

People and coaches move around all the time for all kind of different reasons. I forgot Upperman. They played for a state championship this past season. I think the LC Head Football Coach this past year used to coach at Greenville.

1 hour ago, ILB1999 said:

If I were looking for a head coach, I'd be trying to get the best coaches off the Alcoa and West staffs.  I'm a bit surprised we haven't seen more of that.

Not sure anyone at Alcoa would want to leave that Gold mine. Maryville is currently full of former HC’s. I’m sure some of them might get the itch again but Maryville might pay too much to leave. Knox County is not attractive at all when it comes to paying coaches. I’m shocked there have not been more leave the county for better pay. Not sure of guys on West staff. Maybe the DC. He seems to have had some success. Is that him or Brown though? When does Courtney’s son get a shot? You gotta think Lambert at AC might get the itch. No idea about anyone else on that staff. Does OR have any guys on staff that are ready? Interesting topic for sure.

Knox County does not have great teacher pay and or coaching supplement pay. I do know that some knox schools help with that issue by adding funds from booster programs, but that is different from each school. West helps in this way I know, but they obviously have a good booster program because they are winning. The only bad thing is this can be easy come and easy go. So depending on that for feeding a family/roof over your head isn't the safest bet. Any school district that has its own city district will pay good and better than most county schools.

But you got to think great jobs don't come open often so the middle of the road schools that have more frequent hires will only get those type of applicants. 

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

Why would Alcoa pay better than most to get someone to leave? Just asking for a friend:huh:

Think you read it wrong tradertwo. Alcoa pays well enough that not many are willing to leave and take less. Maryville. The two main coaches for Alcoa are former Maryville players and neither one of them could take a cut in pay just to go back home.