UPSET ALERT

dca44

4 hours ago, dontstopbelieving said:

You mean when Soddy had to send 3 of there wrestlers home before the duals for smoking weed in the hotel? Among those three was Turbo. So yes if the Fowler brothers and Cordero get caught in a similar situation Summit can pull off that upset. 

I’m sorry is that Wilson’s fault? no? didn’t think so. don’t use that as a crutch for Soddy when they did it to themselves. zero sympathy 

1 hour ago, Humorist said:

And you know where they are weak they’ll shave those points. They’ll play the edge and tie up those wrists. 

EVERY team at the state duals SHOULD have their guys that are the role players doing things like this to minimize takedown opportunities and nearfall points, especially if its early or in the middle of the dual. If any average starter on any team is trying to go toe to toe with an opposing team's stud, I hope it's late in the dual and his team needs him to win to secure the victory. 

18 minutes ago, FargoStrut said:

EVERY team at the state duals SHOULD have their guys that are the role players doing things like this to minimize takedown opportunities and nearfall points, especially if its early or in the middle of the dual. If any average starter on any team is trying to go toe to toe with an opposing team's stud, I hope it's late in the dual and his team needs him to win to secure the victory. 

But Cleveland has always played the out of bounds line. Heck we were doing it back in the Miller days…haha

11 minutes ago, Humorist said:

But Cleveland has always played the out of bounds line. Heck we were doing it back in the Miller days…haha

Sounds like some well coached teams to me. Hope y'all were even encouraged to try and wrestle the match near your corner as well. :)

42 minutes ago, dca44 said:

I’m sorry is that Wilson’s fault? no? didn’t think so. don’t use that as a crutch for Soddy when they did it to themselves. zero sympathy 

not sure anyone said it was a crutch, but you said it would be a upset like that dual was, but without the 3 wrestlers including Turbo that Soddy team was no longer the favorite, so you would be wrong! Also Soddy didn't do it to themselves, those kids being kids did it to themselves and so the entire team had to suffer for it

2 hours ago, PackMentality said:

If you want to improve wrestling in the south, then I’d support southern programs - especially a top 10 one.  Of course I have a fairly close connection to the program so I am biased.

Or just watch what you want to watch. Lol

1 hour ago, Humorist said:

That is sooooooo not true!! I know of one who wanted to wrestle in the middle of the mat. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cobrakid8 said:

not sure anyone said it was a crutch, but you said it would be a upset like that dual was, but without the 3 wrestlers including Turbo that Soddy team was no longer the favorite, so you would be wrong! Also Soddy didn't do it to themselves, those kids being kids did it to themselves and so the entire team had to suffer for it

he used it as an excuse for the loss. therefor he made it a crutch. and they still might’ve won even without those guys had Blake Henry not sprinted out at 182 allowing Wilson to give up the forfeit and bump Baltz to 95 to even the points out instead of probably getting pinned at both. that was a 12 point swing and absolutely decided the match

Edited by dca44

34 minutes ago, dca44 said:

he used it as an excuse for the loss. therefor he made it a crutch. and they still might’ve won even without those guys had Blake Henry not sprinted out at 182 allowing Wilson to give up the forfeit and bump Baltz to 95 to even the points out instead of probably getting pinned at both. that was a 12 point swing and absolutely decided the match

ummm, I'm pretty sure he was using Facts NOT A CRUTCH, but you do you! Either way not sure why it mattered anyways when WC got their butts kicked by Cleveland in the finals so it's not like Soddy would have won the state title anyways! But again his FACTS of if both Fowlers and lets go with Lucas S get thrown off the team in the morning, Summit has a good shot at the upset, although with those 3 gone its not really an upset at that point, just like Soddy getting beat by WC wasn't either!