Cleveland success….

TheTreyB

4 hours ago, dontstopbelieving said:

Instead of a Top 100 in Nashville they have the Music City Nationals to try to draw in out of state kids. From what I have notice it tends to draw a little more than Gatlinburg or Cleveland Top 100. In my opinion AAU in the state of Tennessee is a giant money scheme. I am not talking about the clubs I am talking about the people in charge of the tournaments. If your kid gets good enough they earn the right to wrestle the same exact kids at every tournament. And if they don't get good people just make new profiles so they can keep putting them in the "beginner" tournaments. 

Although I disagree with them, I've heard the same reason as to why the 3 Top 100's are located where they are (middle TN has Music City Brawl).

Music City "Nationals" became just that in January of 2023. 4 weeks ago was only their 2nd event that was labeled "nationals". Before January 2023, it had been called the Music City Brawl since its inception. In the past, there have been Top 100 tournaments in middle TN during the now +- 15 years the Music City Brawl/Nationals has existed. In short, imo, if you're gonna give out medals to represent the 3 grand divisions of TN, then the 3 grand divisions of TN should be represented. Saying that and I know this contradicts the 3 grand divisions of TN, Memphis is my least favorite of the 3 for multiple reasons and the one that I think should at least rotate every other year to Mid-TN.

Back to the topic at hand, I see no issue whatsoever why a HS (Cleveland in this case) shouldn't host these events if they are willing and able to run these tournaments efficiently.

• Upvote 2

Cleveland Raiders will keep win state championships in wrestling. Cleveland Raiders have won 13 state championships. Many of these championships were won in a row. Cleveland Raiders definitely know how to wrestle and win state. Cleveland Raiders will be real good again next season. It will happen. I guarantee it. Watch and see. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

• Upvote 1

On 2/7/2024 at 7:22 AM, TheTreyB said:

It’s not about the venue in Memphis. It’s Memphis period. It doesn’t add any new wrestlers to the tourney as well. So why travel all the way out there for the same kids? Until everyone stops going and their numbers plummet they will continue to give it to them. 

I concur. Wholeheartedly. 

scary, I know. 

On 2/6/2024 at 4:12 PM, CoachCTaylor said:

I was told that Top 100's is not allowed to be hosted at a school, but it is obvious that rules are bent for some to host it.

Honestly the fact that there is not a Top 100 in the Nashville is crazy. It would definitely pull more states in being that people enjoy coming to Nashville and also it truly is in Middle Tennesse which is one section of the Medal Series. 

I went to a Top 100 seven years ago at Ooltewah. I am not sure why everyone thinks this. Is it in the by-laws? Every Region should be able to choose where they have their event. Camp Jordan was a nightmare.

7 minutes ago, FrecoFanatic said:

I went to a Top 100 seven years ago at Ooltewah. I am not sure why everyone thinks this. Is it in the by-laws? Every Region should be able to choose where they have their event. Camp Jordan was a nightmare.

God 

*shutters*

i might have PTSD from that location. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/7/2024 at 7:12 AM, Rasslinking said:

Not sure rules are "bent"

Cleveland puts on a great tournament, and facilities are accommodating to needs.

Nashville would be a great location, and if a High School was big enough to support the needs, I am confident it would be considered.

Which school has a facility that could hold 8 mats, and have the support to run it efficiently?

Lots of schools in Middle TN could do that. Personally, I host two 8 mat high school tournaments at Siegel (Ramsey Rumble and JV State) with upwards of 600 kids. We usually start wrestling around 9 am and have never gone past 6 pm (typically done around 4:30 pm). We have also talked with other local clubs (Blackman, Iron Knights, Nolensville etc) about hosting in Middle TN and having multiple clubs help run tables etc. It could easily be done, especially with having different sessions. 

It's possible, but as far as I'm aware, when it has been brought up it has been denied because the powers at be said they did not want it to be held at a high school. However, that clearly isn't the case anymore as there is one now held at Cleveland High (I've heard they have done a great job). I personally think they should be held at High Schools. Let those young kids see and feel what a large local high school event would look like. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/9/2024 at 9:32 AM, CoachDFreeman said:

Lots of schools in Middle TN could do that. Personally, I host two 8 mat high school tournaments at Siegel (Ramsey Rumble and JV State) with upwards of 600 kids. We usually start wrestling around 9 am and have never gone past 6 pm (typically done around 4:30 pm). We have also talked with other local clubs (Blackman, Iron Knights, Nolensville etc) about hosting in Middle TN and having multiple clubs help run tables etc. It could easily be done, especially with having different sessions. 

It's possible, but as far as I'm aware, when it has been brought up it has been denied because the powers at be said they did not want it to be held at a high school. However, that clearly isn't the case anymore as there is one now held at Cleveland High (I've heard they have done a great job). I personally think they should be held at High Schools. Let those young kids see and feel what a large local high school event would look like. 

Did any of the wrestlers from Siegel Stars get their butt kicked from Cleveland Raiders? Cleveland Raiders have the best wrestlers in the state. I guarantee it. Do you want to bet me? I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

• Upvote 1