Best Concession stands

UCSportsFan

In my many years of going to ball games throughout this glorious state of ours, I’ve encountered some really good concession stands, and some that are not so good. However, over the past few years, it’s been harder and harder to find a good concession stand at ball games. There are a few good ones left though. So without further ado I’ll list my favorites and encourage feedback from others on this topic. 

White County has the best BBQ sandwiches 

Clay County has the best popcorn and cookies

However, Livingston Academy has by far the best overall concession stand in middle Tn. You can get anything from pizza to banana pudding and most everything in between. Hotdogs hamburgers cookies candy and popcorn of course. They also serve Coke products which is even better! All the things that are good for us! Haha

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

In my many years of going to ball games throughout this glorious state of ours, I’ve encountered some really good concession stands, and some that are not so good. However, over the past few years, it’s been harder and harder to find a good concession stand at ball games. There are a few good ones left though. So without further ado I’ll list my favorites and encourage feedback from others on this topic. 

However, Livingston Academy has by far the best overall concession stand in middle Tn. You can get anything from pizza to banana pudding and most everything in between. Hotdogs hamburgers cookies candy and popcorn of course. They also serve Coke products which is even better! All the things that are good for us! Haha

Trinity Christian Academy is really good in West TN. Almost feel like I am at a restaurant there. Gibson County has good BBQ for nachos when they have it. Greenfield pretty good as well. 

Edited by pioneer42

17 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

The problem with concessions, like everything else nowadays, is the cost. $3 for a bottle of pop is crazy! 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Random1234 said:

The problem with concessions, like everything else nowadays, is the cost. $3 for a bottle of pop is crazy! 

Concessions are a bargain at high schools compared to college and the NFL. It's pretty much $5 for parking just about everywhere now. Some schools do not charge for parking like Powell and Knox Central. I am willing to help the schools out some for their programs like band or sports. But to me, there is not anything special about concessions unless they offer Chick-Fil-A. It's typical nachos and pizza and candy. 

On 2/12/2024 at 12:40 PM, UCSportsFan said:

LA may have good food but that gym needs a major seating upgrade. Dollar General Folding Chairs nailed down to the floor is not the way to have bucket seats. The old wooden pull out bleachers could use an occasional cleaning also given it has gum and graffiti from the 1980’s still on it.

Macon used to have freshly baked Famous Amos cookies. Stone has good food for the parents that you can occasionally buy afterwards.

Edited by Khall555

6 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

Don’t eat before going to Collinwood to play - great selection - Barbecue - white beans - fried baloney - burgers desserts - all at Better price than can get anywhere else 

Would have to agree with this!!! 

17 hours ago, Khall555 said:

LA may have good food but that gym needs a major seating upgrade. Dollar General Folding Chairs nailed down to the floor is not the way to have bucket seats. The old wooden pull out bleachers could use an occasional cleaning also given it has gum and graffiti from the 1980’s still on it.

Macon used to have freshly baked Famous Amos cookies. Stone has good food for the parents that you can occasionally buy afterwards.

Agreed on the seating especially for the visitors!

48 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Agreed on the seating especially for the visitors!

A coat of paint and an upgrade on seating and that would be one of the best gyms around. I have been to almost every one in the UC BTW. Funny thing is LA just updated their football field so hopefully the gym is next,

Edited by Khall555