Big Monday. Wished we had three nights to play these

pioneer42

3 minutes ago, FANWC said:

I think this game will come down to whose supporting cast plays the best. I dont think either team is as talented as they were last year. If Wayne Countys supporting cast is knocking down shots they are tough to beat, and if they are not, they are very beatable. From what i have gathered, McKenzie is pretty much the same way this year. 

From watching both teams play this year, WC is a much deeper and way more complete team than McKenzie. Mckenzie gets into any type of foul trouble it could spell disaster for them. Mckenzie will have to have one their best games to pull this one out.  With Davis though I would never count them out. 

8 minutes ago, RexKwonDo said:

From watching both teams play this year, WC is a much deeper and way more complete team than McKenzie. Mckenzie gets into any type of foul trouble it could spell disaster for them. Mckenzie will have to have one their best games to pull this one out.  With Davis though I would never count them out. 

Wayne County is the better team.  Davis is incredible, but McKenzie supporting cast is not good enough to carry them to a win.  Davis and Reynolds will have to combine for more than 50pts tonight.  If that doesn't happen, Wayne County will win.  I am interested to hear if Wayne Co stays with their usual zone defense tonight.  Seems like you have to face guard Davis with at least one, maybe two players

7 minutes ago, maddams said:

Wayne County is the better team.  Davis is incredible, but McKenzie supporting cast is not good enough to carry them to a win.  Davis and Reynolds will have to combine for more than 50pts tonight.  If that doesn't happen, Wayne County will win.  I am interested to hear if Wayne Co stays with their usual zone defense tonight.  Seems like you have to face guard Davis with at least one, maybe two players

Davis averages 25 with 2 and sometimes 3 people on her so I imagine WC will have to have 2 on her at all times. They were trying to stop her with 3 the other night and she still went for 27. I only remember one game this year that a team tried to guard her str8 up and she went for 60 and only played a  minute or so into the 4th quarter.

1 hour ago, FANWC said:

I think this game will come down to whose supporting cast plays the best. I dont think either team is as talented as they were last year. If Wayne Countys supporting cast is knocking down shots they are tough to beat, and if they are not, they are very beatable. From what i have gathered, McKenzie is pretty much the same way this year. 

1 hour ago, THE KING said:

I don't think so.  Pickett can beat any team in class A.  Emmy Lowe is probably the toughest strongest point guard in the state

I had no idea Wayne County lost to East Hickman during the season. I knew they lost to Loretto. Seen where they beat Summertown twice. I agree supporting cast is important and that has been the question mark all year for Mckenzie. Big question is will the team that beat USJ and Huntingdon show up tonight?? If so, Wayne County may be in trouble. Big question IMO is who is going to handle the ball better?? And how is Mckenzie going to guard the big post for Wayne County?? They can't guard her man to man you wouldn't think. But Mckenzie presses and it has bothered Wayne County the last two seasons. Best matchup in the state IMO because both teams are in a small group of Title Favorites. 

21 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I had no idea Wayne County lost to East Hickman during the season. I knew they lost to Loretto. Seen where they beat Summertown twice. I agree supporting cast is important and that has been the question mark all year for Mckenzie. Big question is will the team that beat USJ and Huntingdon show up tonight?? If so, Wayne County may be in trouble. Big question IMO is who is going to handle the ball better?? And how is Mckenzie going to guard the big post for Wayne County?? They can't guard her man to man you wouldn't think. But Mckenzie presses and it has bothered Wayne County the last two seasons. Best matchup in the state IMO because both teams are in a small group of Title Favorites. 

Here is a thought.  If WC wins tonight, I think they get to the state tournament no problem. If McKenzie pulls it out, I think McKenzie is more susceptible to losing a sectional game. We could very well have a tournament this year with no WC or Mckenzie.

22 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Where do we start??

Wayne County         Summertown 

Mckenzie                 Cannon County

Gibson County         White County 

Peabody                  Stone Memorial

Creekwood                 Upperman 

South Side               Lawrence County

Crockett County.          Dyersburg 

South Gibson                   Obion 

Westview                        

Scotts Hill

Peabody Female Tide with not beat Gibson Female Pioneers much less mercy rule them. It will not happen. I guarantee it. Do you want to bet me? Gibson Female Pioneers are way to good to let it happen. Gibson Female Pioneers will win this game by more than 10 points again. This will be Gibson Female Pioneers 4th win over Peabody Female Tide this season. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message. 

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Does Clatkrange have any shot at Pickett?? Can't believe I am typing this. 

IMHO it would take almost a perfect game and some good shooting from deep from CRange, but I’ll never say Lamar Rodgers doesn’t have a chance. They will both be really good next year it’ll be Pickett and CR at state I believe! 

Edited by TheTruthHurts22

2 hours ago, FANWC said:

This is what I have heard about Wayne County as well.  It is true about McKenzie.  The supporting cast will be the difference in this game.  

One other outlier that I think may play into this game. It is my understanding Wayne County has NEVER played in Houston Co's gym. It is a different environment. McKenzie has played their several times. 

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

The East Hickman loss was surprising, but WC just never seemed to get engaged in that game. I agree that ball handling will be a big factor. WC has struggled with the press at times this year. Stopping Davis will be their biggest problem though.

12 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

This is what I have heard about Wayne County as well.  It is true about McKenzie.  The supporting cast will be the difference in this game.  

One other outlier that I think may play into this game. It is my understanding Wayne County has NEVER played in Houston Co's gym. It is a different environment. McKenzie has played their several times. 

You are right. I have thought about that myself. Could be a big  difference, especially early. WC cant afford to get down in this one. 

2 hours ago, maddams said:

Wayne has more length than anyone in A.  I'd say they'll run a matchup zone tonight.