Big Monday. Wished we had three nights to play these

pioneer42

31 minutes ago, 1983 said:

Congratulations to Savannah and Mikayla on an outstanding four years at Mckenzie!  I’m sorry to hear Mikayla was hurt last night!  Savannah goes down as one of the best high school girls players I have ever seen in West TN!  Go ahead and retire her jersey in McKenzie!

Agree!  She is the best to ever walk the halls of McKenzie High School. I told her last night I am ordering MTSU Blue Raider gear and getting ready to come watch her!

Edited by VOLnWTN

15 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

Agree!  She is the best to ever walk the halls of McKenzie High School. I told her last night I am ordering MTSU Blue Raider gear and getting ready to come watch her!

I can't wait to see her and Jada Harrison out there next year together! Two of the best West TN has seen. Glad they stayed in state and close enough for hometown fans to go watch and support!!

3 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

Hey Pioneer.  Initial indication is a knee on Mikayla.  She will go for an MRI today. Davis was triple and quadrupled last night when Mikayla went down. We had no answer once they did that.  We have known all year if one of them goes out it was going to be tough.  But Savanna did what she could and put it on her shoulders; it just wasn’t enough. 

Much respect to WC as Savanna made her final exit off the floor, they gave her a standing ovation.  

Hate to see that. She is a great player. I will be praying for her for a speedy recovery. Savannah and Mikayla have been great players and have really been fun to watch. Congratulations on a great run. It is a blessing to get to the state tournament and a double blessing to win a state and back to back is even better. Congrats to Wayne County. Good bunch of folks there. We have a little history with Wayne County. Kelcey Risner was a star player at Union and Wayne County and really helped mentor my niece at camps at Union her and Kayla Hudson while she was really young in her basketball career and we think a lot of Kelcey. Good luck to Mikayla and Savannah and the Lady Rebels going forward. Great career. 

52 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

I can't wait to see her and Jada Harrison out there next year together! Two of the best West TN has seen. Glad they stayed in state and close enough for hometown fans to go watch and support!!

Absolutely!  I understand they are recruiting Baugus as well from WC.  One of the coaches was there last night. 

• Like 1

Gonna tune in and watch McEwen vs WC tonight.  It will be interesting how WC changes tonight to defend a McEwen team that has more weapons than we did. McEwen has three that can shoot the ball in Hankins, Dodd and Littleton.  Hankins can also drive to the basket. 

This could end up being a really good game. 

13 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Pickett County Lady Bobcats dominate performance tonight. If you’re in Class A you want no part of this team. The JV will be playing by halftime in the substate game.  

They are the best in A.  It'll be a tragedy if they draw Wayne first lol. That's the one team who could beat them 

10 hours ago, THE KING said:

They are the best in A.  It'll be a tragedy if they draw Wayne first lol. That's the one team who could beat them 

Respectfully disagree. Wayne Co is the team to beat in A. I've watched a few of PC games this year and they have no one that can matchup w/Baugus. She's just too athletic and an offensive rebounding machine. And if WC shoots the ball from 3 like they're capable, it'll be a double digit W for WC. 

2 hours ago, FANWC said:

Probably the best WC has played all year. 

I was expecting a closer game. Wayne County getting past Mckenzie probably loosens them up a little and gives them more confidence. Baugus is a beast. Will be tough for any team to guard her. 

15 minutes ago, hooplove said:

Respectfully disagree. Wayne Co is the team to beat in A. I've watched a few of PC games this year and they have no one that can matchup w/Baugus. She's just too athletic and an offensive rebounding machine. And if WC shoots the ball from 3 like they're capable, it'll be a double digit W for WC. 

So I am guessing PC has no one with her height/wing span?  So if that is the case, she should dominate?  But yet McKenzie had no one remotely close to her height or wingspan, and we held her to 16 total.  4 in the first half and 12 in the second.  She is good.  I 100% agree.  But we did a great job on her.  Again, when Reynolds went down, it was over. That is when she scored.  6 in the third and 6 in the fourth.