Big Monday. Wished we had three nights to play these

pioneer42

18 minutes ago, THE KING said:

Wayne has more length than anyone in A.  I'd say they'll run a matchup zone tonight. 

They will have to tighten up on Davis. She shot them out of the gym in Murfreesboro last year. 8-11 from 3 point land or something like that. If Wayne County can somewhat turn this into a half court game, I think the post will hurt Mckenzie bad. They don't have anyone to guard her I don't think. Like another poster said in this thread, Wayne County don't need to get down quick in this one like the last two. If they survive the first quarter or so, it will help them for sure mentally. 

1 hour ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

IMHO it would take almost a perfect game and some good shooting from deep from CRange, but I’ll never say Lamar Rodgers doesn’t have a chance. They will both be really good next year it’ll be Pickett and CR at state I believe! 

Clarkrange and Rogers always tough and with a lot of tradition and hardware. Like to watch them play. 

7 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Clarkrange and Rogers always tough and with a lot of tradition and hardware. Like to watch them play. 

Clay survives ER to play PC, bring on round 4! That freshman I was talking about for ER is the real deal A. Pennington put on a show she had 31 with 6 threes, despite being face guarded most of the game. She’s got next for sure, congrats to Coach Walker and CC they should have a good chance to make the glass house! 

38 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

Clay survives ER to play PC, bring on round 4! That freshman I was talking about for ER is the real deal A. Pennington put on a show she had 31 with 6 threes, despite being face guarded most of the game. She’s got next for sure, congrats to Coach Walker and CC they should have a good chance to make the glass house! 

Wayne County with a huge win as well. That District is always tough. Congrats to Pickett County and Clay County. Sounds like the Freshman put on a show. Gibson County survived a dogfight ourselves. 

20 minutes ago, wtnbballfan said:

Trenton Peabody assistant coach ejected out of game after threatening a fan and fan hit him upside the head! Just wow!! That should def cost him his job!! 

We all live together year round. Three miles apart. All will be good tommorow. Emotions in a game. Congratulations to Peabody on a great year. Gibson County very fortunate to beat them 4 times. Very athletic and good basketball team. They beat USJ during the season who is in the Final Four in the private sector. Proud of our girls. We have had a great year going undefeated so far against Peabody and Westview. Very blessed we are. Very proud to be a part of a great program. Again congratulations to Peabody. 

Edited by pioneer42

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Wayne County with a huge win as well. That District is always tough. Congrats to Pickett County and Clay County. Sounds like the Freshman put on a show. Gibson County survived a dogfight ourselves. 

Wayne County did not look good tonight. Reynolds got hurt in the first minute of the game and then Wayne county guarded Savannah with 4 and the score was tied 5-5 after one, and an 8 point game still within reach at halftime. McKenzie was very limited obviously with what they could do without Reynolds but I'll give those kids credit. They scrapped and fought hard defensively and made it hard for Wayne county to score. In the third with about 3:00 to play Wayne county started holding the ball because they couldn't pull away. McKenzie extended to guard and then gave up some easy buckets to stretch the lead. I say if Reynolds wouldn't have been injured I think McKenzie would've won this one.... 

9 minutes ago, Myteamisonthefloor said:

Wayne County did not look good tonight. Reynolds got hurt in the first minute of the game and then Wayne county guarded Savannah with 4 and the score was tied 5-5 after one, and an 8 point game still within reach at halftime. McKenzie was very limited obviously with what they could do without Reynolds but I'll give those kids credit. They scrapped and fought hard defensively and made it hard for Wayne county to score. In the third with about 3:00 to play Wayne county started holding the ball because they couldn't pull away. McKenzie extended to guard and then gave up some easy buckets to stretch the lead. I say if Reynolds wouldn't have been injured I think McKenzie would've won this one.... 

Wonder what happend to Reynolds?? Must have been pretty bad to make her leave the game. I figured Mckenzie would have the mental edge because of past meetings. But Wayne County found a way to win the game when they didn't play well. I figured it might be an ugly game with lots of Turnovers. Still have to hand it to Wayne County. They might have played it different had Reynolds not gotten hurt. Probably knew it was difficult for Mckenzie to score and they just started running clock. 

Edited by pioneer42

5 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Wonder what happend to Reynolds?? Must have been pretty bad to make her leave the game. I figured Mckenzie would have the mental edge because of past meetings. But Wayne County found a way to win the game when they didn't play well. I figured it might be an ugly game with lots of Turnovers. Still have to hand it to Wayne County. They might have played it different had Reynolds not gotten hurt. Probably knew it was difficult for Mckenzie to score and they just started running clock. 

Hey Pioneer.  Initial indication is a knee on Mikayla.  She will go for an MRI today. Davis was triple and quadrupled last night when Mikayla went down. We had no answer once they did that.  We have known all year if one of them goes out it was going to be tough.  But Savanna did what she could and put it on her shoulders; it just wasn’t enough. 

Much respect to WC as Savanna made her final exit off the floor, they gave her a standing ovation.  

46 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

Hey Pioneer.  Initial indication is a knee on Mikayla.  She will go for an MRI today. Davis was triple and quadrupled last night when Mikayla went down. We had no answer once they did that.  We have known all year if one of them goes out it was going to be tough.  But Savanna did what she could and put it on her shoulders; it just wasn’t enough. 

Much respect to WC as Savanna made her final exit off the floor, they gave her a standing ovation.  

Every WC fan knows what a great player Savannah is. I really hate that Mikayla got hurt and hope she has a speedy recovery, as she is also a great player. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

Congratulations to Savannah and Mikayla on an outstanding four years at Mckenzie!  I’m sorry to hear Mikayla was hurt last night!  Savannah goes down as one of the best high school girls players I have ever seen in West TN!  Go ahead and retire her jersey in McKenzie!