Eddie Courtney is retiring

Just saw this on x.  I don't care who you replace him with.  That's an awfully tough act to follow. 

And I think the most difficult thing his replacement will face is maintaining the tough culture he's maintained in an ever-changing culture.

Ole Holier Than Thou leaving because he can't compete in today's climate. Looks like Shifty Steve Matthews left Ancient Eddie shivering in his visor. Too bad Concord is but stepping stone for Sober-ish Steve to get back into the game after Catholic wasn't allowed to hire him. 

I am sure they will keep this one in the family at Fairygut. Don't know anything about his son but he better figure out how to recruit...and FAST. I am sure the Beerden staff has already contacted Fairygut players.

2 hours ago, FootballFan888 said:

Ole Holier Than Thou leaving because he can't compete in today's climate. Looks like Shifty Steve Matthews left Ancient Eddie shivering in his visor. Too bad Concord is but stepping stone for Sober-ish Steve to get back into the game after Catholic wasn't allowed to hire him. 

I am sure they will keep this one in the family at Fairygut. Don't know anything about his son but he better figure out how to recruit...and FAST. I am sure the Beerden staff has already contacted Fairygut players.

It’s not like Eddie is a spring chicken, you know. It was about time to hang it up, regardless. I don’t blame him. We only have one life.

16 hours ago, FootballFan888 said:

He's 70. Cut the guy some slack.

You are right about one thing though. They are going to have to get in the recruiting game.

1 hour ago, osunut2 said:

He's 70. Cut the guy some slack.

You are right about one thing though. They are going to have to get in the recruiting game.

70 and a cancer survivor.  

While I didn't agree with his comments on player movement in Knox County, I certainly do have the utmost respect for him as a person.  Class act all the way around.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1