AA State Semifinals

3 hours ago, GlassHouseBound said:

So you are saying Wilkins made adjustments to take Beaty out of the game and it worked?   Saying a team got lucky is typical sore loser mentality.  Get over yourself.  Better luck next year.  You’ll still have I deal with these pesky district 14 teams.  They might get “lucky” again next year.  

GC got lucky??? I guess your name is spot on. "Truth hurts" lol 2good teams played -1 won & the other 1 could have. Not giving GC credit is a bad look   in other words, the truth does hurt. 

2 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

This game could have went either way both of these teams are exceptional. The best team won and congratulations to Gibson county.  AA state tournament has been everything we thought it would be  every team that made it was good and very deserving to be there. 

1 hour ago, crow6424 said:

AA is the most competitive division in the tournament. You have to have a things go your way to win it all. Most of the games have been 50/50 toss ups. 

We all know that any of these games can go either way. Gibson County has played very fundamental all year and great defense. I honestly knew we would hold our own but you never know up here. Upper Cumberland has some great teams in York, Upperman and Pickett County for sure. We all knew that Loretto, Summertown, Gibson County, Huntingdon and Westview the last 3 years have all had to battle amongst ourselves and all could win a Gold Ball. Gibson County and Loretto are battling it out again and both are very well coached with great programs and even greater people running it. Both teams very deserving. Will be a war for sure as both teams know each other well. 

1 minute ago, pioneer42 said:

We all know that any of these games can go either way. Gibson County has played very fundamental all year and great defense. I honestly knew we would hold our own but you never know up here. Upper Cumberland has some great teams in York, Upperman and Pickett County for sure. We all knew that Loretto, Summertown, Gibson County, Huntingdon and Westview the last 3 years have all had to battle amongst ourselves and all could win a Gold Ball. Gibson County and Loretto are battling it out again and both are very well coached with great programs and even greater people running it. Both teams very deserving. Will be a war for sure as both teams know each other well. 

The Pioneers defense was smothering. If the ball was in anyone else’s hands besides Reese, I felt York would turn the ball over. Well deserving team to win for sure. Congratulations and good luck.

6 minutes ago, crow6424 said:

The Pioneers defense was smothering. If the ball was in anyone else’s hands besides Reese, I felt York would turn the ball over. Well deserving team to win for sure. Congratulations and good luck.

Upperman defense smothering as well. 14 points is unheard of. Thanks and same to y'all. Upperman really good and fundamental. Dyersbirg is tough too. We all will need a week to recuperate after this week but it has been lots of good games. Very blessed to be here for sure. 

Edited by pioneer42

3 hours ago, wtnbballfan said:

I said it before they played...depended on whose supporting cast showed up. Hart was held down for the most part but her supporting cast did the dang thing. Will not take anything against beaty. I'm all west tn and I think she's better than Hart, but Gibson county is a second half team and they wanted it more. It will be a battle against Loretto. Wish I could be there but I'll have nfhs tuned in for sure!!

You nailed it. The supporting cast was the difference.  I am a York homer and happily admit it. I said on the ride down yesterday Reese will not be able to carry them. They had the open looks they need the shots just didn’t fall. Several times this year when it mattered those shots fell. Yesterday just wasn’t the day. Congrats to GC.

3 minutes ago, option76 said:

You nailed it. The supporting cast was the difference.  I am a York homer and happily admit it. I said on the ride down yesterday Reese will not be able to carry them. They had the open looks they need the shots just didn’t fall. Several times this year when it mattered those shots fell. Yesterday just wasn’t the day. Congrats to GC.

York is a great team with everyone coming back. We appreciate the hospitality. Great team. McMinn Central game was a big time contest. 

3 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

York is a great team with everyone coming back. We appreciate the hospitality. Great team. McMinn Central game was a big time contest. 

York is probably tired of seeing Westview and Gibson Co the past three years ending their season. They may get one of us next year but only time will tell 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sportslover88 said:

York is probably tired of seeing Westview and Gibson Co the past three years ending their season. They may get one of us next year but only time will tell 

They knocked us out in 2022.  They have everyone coming back next year so they, like McMinn Central and Gatlinburg Pittman this year. will be likely favored to win it but you never know up here what will happen. 

Edited by pioneer42

40 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

They knocked us out in 2022.  They have everyone coming back next year so they, like McMinn Central and Gatlinburg Pittman this year. will be likely favored to win it but you never know up here what will happen. 

I figure Westview will be in the talk too only losing Alexander from those that played in state game and then gaining their freshman point guard back next year plus adding some solid younger talent

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

I figure Westview will be in the talk too only losing Alexander from those that played in state game and then gaining their freshman point guard back next year plus adding some solid younger talent

No doubt I think Westview will be good. Think Gibson County will be good later. We got Micah and Madison's sister coming up that will help us. We will both be favored to get up here and if we do we will see what happens. 

22 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

No doubt I think Westview will be good. Think Gibson County will be good later. We got Micah and Madison's sister coming up that will help us. We will both be favored to get up here and if we do we will see what happens. 

Key is getting there over and over. Westview and GC have done a great job of that. If you get there often enough, good things eventually  happen

• Upvote 1