AA State Semifinals

So you are saying Wilkins made adjustments to take Beaty out of the game and it worked?   Saying a team got lucky is typical sore loser mentality.  Get over yourself.  Better luck next year.  You’ll still have I deal with these pesky district 14 teams.  They might get “lucky” again next year.  

1 minute ago, GlassHouseBound said:

So you are saying Wilkins made adjustments to take Beaty out of the game and it worked?   Saying a team got lucky is typical sore loser mentality.  Get over yourself.  Better luck next year.  You’ll still have I deal with these pesky district 14 teams.  They might get “lucky” again next year.  

Sir I picked GC to win the game, I believe they win it all today! Just letting you guys  know  that the zone didn’t work in the first 20 minutes of game time. When they missed their open shots it did work but they had good looks all day just like GC it was two good teams that could have went either way if one or two calls are different!

3 minutes ago, westtnsportsfan said:

I haven’t said anything about shutting her down, you can’t shut her down. You can make it tough on her. The zone makes them shoot jump shots and they didn’t hit them, that’s facts. 35 pts the entire game she had 31 alone vs McMinn playing man.

You can too shut her down multiple teams have held her under or around 10 points! 

1 minute ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

Sir I picked GC to win the game, I believe they win it all today! Just letting you guys  know  that the zone didn’t work in the first 20 minutes of game time. When they missed their open shots it did work but they had good looks all day just like GC it was two good teams that could have went either way if one or two calls are different!

Neither team shot the ball well that’s for sure.  Games like this can go either way.  You need a few things to go in your favor to win gold balls.  Congrats to York on a great Season, you will be the heavy favorite next season.  Good luck to Gibson Co today it’s gonna be another good one in AA.  It’s been a great AA tourney.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, 1983 said:

Neither team shot the ball well that’s for sure.  Games like this can go either way.  You need a few things to go in your favor to win gold balls.  Congrats to York on a great Season, you will be the heavy favorite next season.  Good luck to Gibson Co today it’s gonna be another good one in AA.  It’s been a great AA tourney.

Exactly, it takes more than just playing the right defense, it takes some luck, a lot of skill, good coaching, and players making plays in pressure situations! GC got more of that in the second half and won! You can’t tell me they won because they strictly played a 1-3-1 zone! GC made more shots when It mattered and York went cold! 

Edited by TheTruthHurts22

11 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

You can too shut her down multiple teams have held her under or around 10 points! 

Im sure coach Wilkins is tickled to death with the outcome of today’s game even though he wasn’t able to shut her down.  To say a defense didn’t work when it only gave up 35 points is crazy.  Maybe York is “lucky” hart couldn’t make any open shots she always makes today or it would have been over a lot earlier than it was.  

20 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

Exactly, it takes more than just playing the right defense, it takes some luck, a lot of skill, good coaching, and players making plays in pressure situations! GC got more of that in the second half and won! You can’t tell me they won because they strictly played a 1-3-1 zone! GC made more shots when It mattered and York went cold! 

Can’t even name the zone they played haha

I said it before they played...depended on whose supporting cast showed up. Hart was held down for the most part but her supporting cast did the dang thing. Will not take anything against beaty. I'm all west tn and I think she's better than Hart, but Gibson county is a second half team and they wanted it more. It will be a battle against Loretto. Wish I could be there but I'll have nfhs tuned in for sure!!

This game could have went either way both of these teams are exceptional. The best team won and congratulations to Gibson county.  AA state tournament has been everything we thought it would be  every team that made it was good and very deserving to be there. 

Edited by UCSportsFan