Dyersburg vs Upperman

56 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Upperman's defense was lights out. They were in great position every single time with that 2-3 zone. Thought South Gibson's defense wasn't bad either. Upperman made their shots. South Gibson didn't. Dyersburg is very athletic. They kinda went with the flow a lot not being challenged in West Tennessee and kinda playing to the level of their competition. Ought to be a dogfight for sure. Game will probably come down to Turnovers and Rebounds like you said. Dyersburg is loaded with talent with more on the way. Be interesting game for sure. 

It will be interesting to see how the officiating in this game goes. Dyersburg is aggressive and physical. They slap and hit and body check their opponents so if the referees are calling it tight, Upperman will live at the foul line. If they don’t call a lot of fouls, I see a lot of fast break opportunities for Dyersburg.  #24 is a stud. They need to keep the ball out of her hands and keep her off the boards as much as possible 

Edited by UCSportsFan

20 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

It will be interesting to see how the officiating in this game goes. Dyersburg is aggressive and physical. They slap and hit and body check their opponents so if the referees are calling it tight, Upperman will live at the foul line. If they don’t call a lot of fouls, I see a lot of fast break opportunities for Dyersburg.  #24 is a stud. They need to keep the ball out of her hands and keep her off the boards as much as possible 

You better hope for south central refs. If so. Upperman will win. If you breathe they call fouls. 

5 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

I agree, even though we won it did not feel like it. 

I have to be honest. White County’s post players were the advantage over us and they had to sit out because of the poor officiating. It made a huge difference.

Edited by crow6424
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, crow6424 said:

I to be honest. White County’s post players were the advantage over us and they had to sit out because of the poor officiating. It made a huge difference.

Yes but the bees showed up when they had to and took care of business. White co definitely passed the eye test and maybe next will be our year. 

46 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Way too many fouls called in these games. Let em play

It’s difficult to play physical at times

I’m going with Upperman in a close game. This feels like Upperman vs south side from a few years ago in the state championship. I don’t think Dyersburg is as talented as south side that year. I also don’t think Upperman is that same team either. It will come down to coaching and the team that executes its game plan the best. If Upperman can get a good lead and play McWilliams defense. The gold ball should head back to Baxter. If Upperman gets in a shootout it could get ugly because Upperman is not built like that. 

It’s blatantly obvious as to what’s going on in this game. Dyersburg drives gets a foul goes to the line. Upperman drives wave off the basket no shot ball out on side or worse yet no call at all. It’s pretty obvious Upperman will have to beat 8 of them to win. 

Edited by UCSportsFan

3 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

It’s blatantly obvious as to what’s going on in this game. Dyersburg drives gets a foul goes to the line. Upperman drives wave off the basket no shot ball out on side or worse yet no call at all. It’s pretty obvious Upperman will have to beat 8 of them to win. 

He clearly called that on the floor and well before the basket 

Edited by Waker