State at MTSU vs Tn Tech

attila

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

TSSAA rents it right?? Why is it all on MTSU?? Shouldn't TSSAA make sure programs are printed and floors are cleaned between games and trash is taken out. I rent my houses. Not my responsibility to clean my renters mess. Let's call it like it is. 

Does that offend you? We all know it's a dump in comparison. You splitting hairs about the bill is another issue.

3 hours ago, JustABlueFan said:

Let's call it like it is. The Glass House is a dated disgusting mess. It takes 15 minutes to walk to the bathroom because your feet get stuck at every step. Nobody empties the garbages, half the snack bar people look high. Tech is a much cleaner, comfortable facility. Move it.

Poor you!

Was the temperature too cold inside the Murphy Center? Did they put pickles on your nachos and not jalapeños? Did a bag of skittles cost a little more than you expected? Stop complaining. Good grief...

1 hour ago, JustABlueFan said:

Does that offend you? We all know it's a dump in comparison. You splitting hairs about the bill is another issue.

Teams that up there every year hadn't complained about it. Murphy Center seating is very comfortable. Murfreesboro has nice restaurants and nice hotels. Who is your team and obviously you're mad about something or did your team make it?? 

28 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Poor you!

Was the temperature too cold inside the Murphy Center? Did they put pickles on your nachos and not jalapeños? Did a bag of skittles cost a little more than you expected? Stop complaining. Good grief...

I am with you. I enjoy the Glass House and Murfreesboro itself. He probably hadn't got a team there or don't stay there. 

I asked the question to start a debate and it has definitely created discussion . I actually like both venues. But Tech should be considered  I think because:

currently better arena

easy access off of I-40 to arena

has a lot of new hotels in last 2-3 yrs

average fans with no school ties will attend

community will get into it, not sure still the case in the boro 

probably won’t move from m’boro but good to discuss

I do feel the location is the way it should be.  It’s the geographical center of the state.  As I have stated it’s time for some updates to the building.  Looks like the football field was getting some renovations so maybe the glasshouse is next.  I honestly don’t think it’s changed since I was in grade school going with my parents. And if you think the seats are comfortable you should try visiting the Hoop. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2024 at 6:19 PM, Bkbfan4ever said:

Real question in my mind is why is everything in the middle part of the state.  Why doesn’t all state championship events rotate between East, West and Middle. Where is it fair that the middle Tennessee teams always get to play close to home. They should have to travel once every three years instead of East and West having to travel every year 

There is nothing stopping other cities from bidding. When is the last time you saw Knoxville or Memphis bid on any of the championships? TSSAA goes with the best bid for them,  if that was in Memphis, that's where the title games would be 

11 hours ago, BigENS said:

Why not Memorial Gym? Or Bridgestone? Or have a rotation between the Pyramid, Memorial/Bridgestone and Thompson Boiling every 2-3 years?

Have you sat in Bridgestone seats? They are horrible. And the pyramid as in where bass pro is??? Lmaoo