Who vandalized Maryville's Football Field?

33 minutes ago, strongx said:

I realize there is a lot of animosity toward the principal at 825, but does anybody actually think any of this would’ve happened if GQ had been there? I seriously doubt it. More than a couple of guys drawing good checks need to grow a pair.

Not really sure how all this would have played if he had stayed but I dang sure know he wasn't interested in anyway of ever coming back, not to this mess. 

a89ab58b-710d-4043-81dd-2121.jpg

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Not really sure how all this would have played if he had stayed but I dang sure know he wasn't interested in anyway of ever coming back, not to this mess. 

a89ab58b-710d-4043-81dd-2121.jpg

Barn wood ewe considur this bein' a knew Mairvul Mintality orr a chainge inn cullchure....???

:popcorneater:

7 minutes ago, STARSNBARS said:

Barn wood ewe considur this bein' a knew Mairvul Mintality orr a chainge inn cullchure....???

:popcorneater:

What we have here is an influx of outsiders raining down on the town of Maryville like a swarm of locust trying to change our culture into the same crap they moved away from. I have no issues with anyone coming here but don't bring your politics with you. Most people around here never pay attention to the elections and keep letting the same ole rats and vermin right back in the back door and wonder why things are like they are. The problem at Maryville High is mainly due to letting outsiders get a foothold on control and shove their agenda down everyone's throat. Anyone that leaves there or let's say ranoff are replaced with an outsider with the same mindset. Eventually Maryville High will never be the same as it once was which I'm beginning to believe already but it's only chance of survival are to recruit people that will get in there and reverse the damage that has already happened.

thumbnail - 2024-04-27T103526.152.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

What we have here is an influx of outsiders raining down on the town of Maryville like a swarm of locust trying to change our culture into the same crap they moved away from. I have no issues with anyone coming here but don't bring your politics with you. Most people around here never pay attention to the elections and keep letting the same ole rats and vermin right back in the back door and wonder why things are like they are. The problem at Maryville High is mainly due to letting outsiders get a foothold on control and shove their agenda down everyone's throat. Anyone that leaves there or let's say ranoff are replaced with an outsider with the same mindset. Eventually Maryville High will never be the same as it once was which I'm beginning to believe already but it's only chance of survival are to recruit people that will get in there and reverse the damage that has already happened.

It's not just in Maryville that this is happening.  

4 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Interesting take on blaming the move ins. I’m sure you’re right as far as maryville football goes. But we have the opposite problem in sevierville.  We like the status quo now. In the past we hired an outsider from north broadway and it worked out really good for us.  Now we promoted the local yokel from fairgarden. Apparently being mediocre gets you a new party deck. Here’s to being average. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, strongx said:

Deja vu all over again, 7 yrs apart. SMDH

Does anybody talk to each other?

You would think with football just three months away more would be talking. There's only so much a person can say about someone allowing the field to get painted without asking their boss who would have said ((((((((  ALE NO ))))))))) or all the other BULLS#!T they've done as they lead Maryville High into the new age of WOKE in a conversative town. I'm ready for some football news without hearing something coming out of 825 that Power Munger has done to cap off the week.

10 hours ago, strongx said:

Deja vu all over again, 7 yrs apart. SMDH

Does anybody talk to each other?

14 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

You would think with football just three months away more would be talking. There's only so much a person can say about someone allowing the field to get painted without asking their boss who would have said ((((((((  ALE NO ))))))))) or all the other BULLS#!T they've done as they lead Maryville High into the new age of WOKE in a conversative town. I'm ready for some football news without hearing something coming out of 825 that Power Munger has done to cap off the week.

Sorry Barn. I wasn’t specific enough. It seems I’m always protecting the principal at 825. My interactions with her have been extremely positive, but very limited. With all the other stories being told, I’m confident there are other sides I am not aware of. Regardless, there are lots of decent people earning good checks up there. Maybe too good, which explains why no one is willing to speak up.

My beef is with the poor communication among the athletic programs and with the administration. Seven years ago the poor communication led to my son missing graduation due to a sporting event that was planned months before. I chalked it up to the system being totally shocked that the baseball team made it out of their district, and our then AD was a football coach. Maybe they were surprised and did not plan appropriately. That was more palatable than they just didn’t give a crap.
Déjà vu, seven years later, same thing. Different administration, but same result. 
Maybe in seven more years, it will actually be “about the kids”. They should do better. 

On 5/6/2024 at 9:12 AM, strongx said:

Sorry Barn. I wasn’t specific enough. It seems I’m always protecting the principal at 825. My interactions with her have been extremely positive, but very limited. With all the other stories being told, I’m confident there are other sides I am not aware of. Regardless, there are lots of decent people earning good checks up there. Maybe too good, which explains why no one is willing to speak up.

My beef is with the poor communication among the athletic programs and with the administration. Seven years ago the poor communication led to my son missing graduation due to a sporting event that was planned months before. I chalked it up to the system being totally shocked that the baseball team made it out of their district, and our then AD was a football coach. Maybe they were surprised and did not plan appropriately. That was more palatable than they just didn’t give a crap.
Déjà vu, seven years later, same thing. Different administration, but same result. 
Maybe in seven more years, it will actually be “about the kids”. They should do better. 

Thx to whoever oiled the squeaky wheels - and thx to OR for accommodating. Problem solved.

Edited by strongx

Is there not enough Maryville people on the School board who can stop this?  I am no Alcoa fan by any means but I will say this. I guarantee you the Bledsoe,Marsh,Tyson,Warren,Kellog and Suddereth families wouldn't allow outsiders to take control of Alcoa High School.