Camp season 2024

3 hours ago, BallIsLife1 said:

Its always interested to see the state teams the following summer after losing or not losing seniors and getting freshman and transfers. It's almost time.

Yeah summer ball is really fun, but a lot of coaches are trying to play several kids to get much needed reps that they are not accustomed to. I would imagine Gibson County will have lots of players playing to get much needed reps. Want to win games but got to get experience as well and the rotation will be much deeper. I will be at MTSU, UTM Bethel and others. MTSU is the one I really look forward to.

Edited by pioneer42
  • Like 1

Yes, its definitely a time you will get to see everybody on the team get some reps while the coaches are trying to evaluate what they have. It gets intense even though it should not be about wins and losses, but parents and kids are naturally competitive.

On 5/6/2024 at 10:31 AM, BallIsLife1 said:

It’s always interested to see the state teams the following summer after losing or not losing seniors and getting freshman and transfers. It's almost time.

1A PC is retuning 3 starters and their 6-7th players.  They should look good to return to the Glass House. 

2A Gibson Co will have to be reloading. Hart was a special player 

3A Dyersburg looks to return a few key pieces. Strahan will be a force 

4A Bradley will be as usual, making it tough on whoever they face.  

3 hours ago, ChasingDreams101 said:

1A PC is retuning 3 starters and their 6-7th players.  They should look good to return to the Glass House. 

Dyersburg returns every major piece. Heavy favorite in 3A

Dyersburg may win back to back to back championships. They are going to be hands down the best 3A team. Plus their District/region/sectionals are not very good. They basically just have to make it to region out of a 5 team district that has a few decent teams. South Gibson will be okay but they graduate their best player and there is nobody in the region 7 or region 8 who is going to compete with them. 

Edited by WestTNHoopsFan

21 hours ago, maddams said:

Dyersburg returns every major piece. Heavy favorite in 3A

4 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

Dyersburg may win back to back to back championships. They are going to be hands down the best 3A team. Plus their District/region/sectionals are not very good. They basically just have to make it to region out of a 5 team district that has a few decent teams. South Gibson will be okay but they graduate their best player and there is nobody in the region 7 or region 8 who is going to compete with them. 

Dyersburg will be really good for a while. Their JV is loaded as well. South Gibson ought to be much better with four really good players coming up from an undefeated  Jr. High Team. Also will have 3 players back from knee injuries last year. They will be a handful especially late. Dyersburg District right there with the Upperman District with quality teams. 

On 5/8/2024 at 1:59 PM, ChasingDreams101 said:

Gibson County will be good next year as well. The five girls that didn't start last year are all solid and we have Micah Hart's sister coming up this year. We  will be very competitive especially late in the year. May lose some this summer getting girls reps and trying to figure things out but we are going to be good. 

19 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Gibson County will be good next year as well. The five girls that didn't start last year are all solid and we have Micah Hart's sister coming up this year. We  will be very competitive especially late in the year. May lose some this summer getting girls reps and trying to figure things out but we are going to be good. 

Gibson County proved last year you can win it all with 6 players and if I’m not mistaken they only played 5 in the championship game. I would expect them to be good by end of season but I think losing Hart is a huge loss.  Summer camp gives teams a preview of what to expect and it’s exciting to see where teams are at.

The Fillies return 3 starters and the 6th man that is 6’2” and I think she is going to surprise folks this season.

3 hours ago, 1983 said:

Gibson County proved last year you can win it all with 6 players and if I’m not mistaken they only played 5 in the championship game. I would expect them to be good by end of season but I think losing Hart is a huge loss.  Summer camp gives teams a preview of what to expect and it’s exciting to see where teams are at.

The Fillies return 3 starters and the 6th man that is 6’2” and I think she is going to surprise folks this season.

Huntingdon will be good as well. Jr. High is loaded I hear. Will be interestingl. I agree losing Micah will be an adjustment for Gibson County but they still have a lot of talent. They have always done a great job reloading. 

39 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Huntingdon will be good as well. Jr. High is loaded I hear. Will be interestingl. I agree losing Micah will be an adjustment for Gibson County but they still have a lot of talent. They have always done a great job reloading. 

Yes Middle school is going to be really good the next few years.  They have a terrific youth program in town.  I don’t see anyone on Huntingdons middle school schedule that will beat them.