High Schools recruiting

PLACALL

Congratulations to MHS. Coach Quarles and his staff are nnothing but class. The comments about transfers are only an attempt by jealous onlookers to justify why their programs are not successful. "If someone else is doing better, they must be cheating". I think its a compliment to your program if kids want to come to your school. Instead of complaining about losing athletes and accusing them of cheating, maybe a little more attention needs to be paid to what's going on in your own school. Why can't you keep your kids, that's the question that needs to be asked. There are all kinds of families out there who are looking for good schools for their kids to go to and if yours doesn't meet up to their standards, they're going to take their kids somewhere else. I am no condoning coaches contacting kids, that's wrong. But if you've got awinning program and a great school, you don't have to recruit, they'll come to you.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oskie....I`d like to change your post ever so slightly and and let you tell me how it sounds to you now?

Congratulations to CPA. Coach Pack and his staff are nnothing but class. The comments about transfers are only an attempt by jealous onlookers to justify why their programs are not successful. "If someone else is doing better, they must be cheating". I think its a compliment to your program if kids want to come to your school. Instead of complaining about losing athletes and accusing them of cheating, maybe a little more attention needs to be paid to what's going on in your own school. Why can't you keep your kids, that's the question that needs to be asked. There are all kinds of families out there who are looking for good schools for their kids to go to and if yours doesn't meet up to their standards, they're going to take their kids somewhere else. I am no condoning coaches contacting kids, that's wrong. But if you've got awinning program and a great school, you don't have to recruit, they'll come to you.

The reason that half the Norwood kids go to OS and the other half goes to Clinton is because Norwood is in the Anderson Co. district, but it is also within the Oliver Springs city limits. I live outside the OS city limits in Anderson Co., but went to OS because I wasn't going to drive 45 minutes to Clinton when I could go 5 minutes in the other direction and attend OS. The district lines around OS, Oak Ridge, and Clinton are really messed up.

This recruiting thing gets started by people who have a mouthful of sour grapes.

There are a bunch of football players at William Blount and Heritage that live in the city of Maryville. Maryville has had several good players transfer to William Blount and Heritage over the years.

Maryville has always had tuition students. Funny thing is in the 1985,1989,1990,1993 and 1996 seasons nobody complained about tuition students because those Maryville teams went 5-5.

Ten,Eleven and Twelve years ago when Sevier County,Powell,Halls,Cleveland and Central would kick Maryville's butt nobody complained about Maryville getting tuition students.

Maryville is winning big because they have the best coaching staff in the state of Tennessee. Quarles is the main man responsible for Maryville's success. He installed the offense that Maryville runs now. Quarles is a first class human being also. Another thing that has helped Maryville the last few years is Don Story donating $100,000 to Maryville High School to help build the athletic training center. That weightroom is paying big dividends.

Coaching is the main reason Maryville is winning. Look at what Cleveland did when Benny Monroe was there. Look at what Gallatin did when Calvin Short was there.Look at what Marion County did when Ken Colquette was there. Look at what Oak Ridge did when Emory Hale was there. When those coaches were there those teams won state titles. When those coaches left those teams went downhill fast.

Look at Hillsboro now. Look at Riverdale. Those schools didn't do nothing before their current head coaches were there. Now they are kicking butt. Coaching is what wins games for you. Talent helps! But! Coaching is the most important part of high school football.

People who didn't go to Maryville hate Maryville with a passion because Maryville is kicking everyones butt now. People hate Maryville for the same reason UT fans hate Florida,Bama and now hate Georgia.

All you fans that are dissing Maryville need to quit your crying. :);):):):):)

If a player and parent make contact with a high school coach first then the coach may talk to them and tell them how to get a transfer. If a coach seeks out the player then the player ask about transfering then that would be illegal. I will admit that some student athelets seek out to play at Central, but not the majority. John Paul I find it very amusing that you find Central to be that much better than Fulton academically. John Paul could you tell me where Cassan Jackson lives ( what school zone). I can tell you. It is not Central.

Posted by REBELRON:

This recruiting thing gets started by people who have a mouthful of sour grapes.

There are a bunch of football players at William Blount and Heritage that live in the city of Maryville. Maryville has had several good players transfer to William Blount and Heritage over the years.

Maryville has always had tuition students. Funny thing is in the 1985,1989,1990,1993 and 1996 seasons nobody complained about tuition students because those Maryville teams went 5-5.

Ten,Eleven and Twelve years ago when Sevier County,Powell,Halls,Cleveland and Central would kick Maryville's butt nobody complained about Maryville getting tuition students.

Maryville is winning big because they have the best coaching staff in the state of Tennessee. Quarles is the main man responsible for Maryville's success. He installed the offense that Maryville runs now. Quarles is a first class human being also. Another thing that has helped Maryville the last few years is Don Story donating $100,000 to Maryville High School to help build the athletic training center. That weightroom is paying big dividends.

Coaching is the main reason Maryville is winning. Look at what Cleveland did when Benny Monroe was there. Look at what Gallatin did when Calvin Short was there.Look at what Marion County did when Ken Colquette was there. Look at what Oak Ridge did when Emory Hale was there. When those coaches were there those teams won state titles. When those coaches left those teams went downhill fast.

Look at Hillsboro now. Look at Riverdale. Those schools didn't do nothing before their current head coaches were there. Now they are kicking butt. Coaching is what wins games for you. Talent helps! But! Coaching is the most important part of high school football.

People who didn't go to Maryville hate Maryville with a passion because Maryville is kicking everyones butt now. People hate Maryville for the same reason UT fans hate Florida,Bama and now hate Georgia.

All you fans that are dissing Maryville need to quit your crying. ;):x:(:(:(:(

Thanks for making my point for me. I am a small division 1 private fan (ezell harding) The same thing you are accused of here is the same thing we are accused of, but the only difference is your powerhouse school doesnt get brought up in discussions simply because you are a public school. I commend you for your sucess and have nothing against Maryville.

You rebuttals are the same ones private school have been using and being told we are bias and only wanting what is best for our school. Its the truth though that if you have a good caoch and kids that want to play it makes a huge difference.

Also if you werent winning noone would care kinda like the privates before we got good. It was ok when we the doormats, just as you say maryville was, but dont let us win some then we must be cheatin.

There you go folks the same thing from a public school supporter we have been saying the entire time. Instead of comaplaining and tryin to legislate winning try hard work get a decent coach and support the team from families and guess what you might have a winner to.

LordInfamous,

Five starters were tution students, at least one more lives outside the city limits but has a mom who teaches in the city system ... I'm not sure he's counted as one of the five or not.

You're making a good argument, but get all your ducks in row on numbers.

By the way, are you referring to someone in particular when you say WB has Heritage zoned players. Not disputing your word, just aren't aware of who you're talking about. I know there was Reese last year ... who was obviously there because his dad was coach. Are there others?

Here's another good one ... several WB zone players have ended up at good old Greenback over the past few years. William Blount MUST do a better job of "selling" its program (if you will ... maybe not the best choice of words) to some great athletes in the 1,800 member student body who don't ever go out for football.

GovMan

-spreading the love ... good friend with Coach Quarrels and Coach Ellis ... cheer for MHS every game but one each year ... avid supporter of MHS girls basketball ... not accusing anyone of recruiting ... longing for the day the Blount County schools can compete on the same level as Maryville in sports and in academics ... was once recruited by a county high school myself!!!- :x:(

you obviosly do not no anything about casseens life so leave him out of it. I will take credit for him coming to fountain city.again you do not the story about caseen, caseen came to central on his own,mainly because he was not that good in the eigth grade. please give up on this central rercruits crap.