Lee Humphrey and Tyler Gaskin light up Bearden.

REBELRON

Lee scored 31 and Tyler had over 20 as Maryville came back from a 39-30 Bearden lead at halftime to win 82-75.

What a game. Kyle Cruze is a very good player. #15 didn't miss a shot all night that I can remember. Bearden hit almost everything in the 1st half. Humphrey caught fire in the 4th quarter. Gaskin has improved a lot. He has become scoring option #2. He is very smooth. He looks effortless out there on the court. The rest of the team played well. Especially in the 2nd half.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll make a promise right now. If Maryville makes state, I'll go to the 'Boro and watch all of their games. Of course, hopefully my BA Eagles will be there too! I have never seen Lee play in an actual game, although I did play against him in a pick-up game once. I schooled him, to say the least. :D

Yeah, we'll just say the least about that game...

Lee had 7 threes to help account for his 31 tonight and Tyler Gaskins was all over the glass, I think he had 22 points and 13 Rebounds, but I am not positive on that, anyways, great win tonight for the Rebels over at Bearden, I really believe they have a shot to make it to the burro.

Great game at Bearden tonight, it was the perfect example of high school basketball at its best, especially the outcome. Both teams were fired up, both the fans were atleast decently noisy, and the shots kept falling. Gaskin stepped up when Houser played sub par. Everyone on both teams hustled and played hard basketball, can't wait to see them hook up again at Maryville!

Maryville was certainly impressive in their victory. When you can go into the dog house and come away with a victory you have done something. As far as lighting up the Bulldogs I am not sure that happened. But this is my question. What does the large orange have against Maryville kids? Carl Stewart to Auburn and now Lee Humphrey to Florida. This kid can play. Anytime someone gets 32 vs. Bearden that is special because Bearden will defend. Wake up Tennesse great players in your own backyard are getting away. Lee Humphrey is good enough to sign with the # 11 Gators but he isn't good enough to play for the unranked lowly Vols.

redrage, great post, i think you are exactly right about tennessee letting players slip that are right in their backyard. first carl now lee, and if im not mistaken, some of tennessees best players have come from here in the past, such as al wilson, john henderson, travis stevens, and jason witten, they just need to open there eyes a little more. and then there is lee..wow. how in the world could you not want him to come to your school. he just dominates out there.

ITS JUST THE FACTS!!!!

I heard Jon Higgins was saying stuff to Humphrey at the game, not positive stuff. Like talking smack in a sense, pretty sad when you go to a high school game and make fun of the players, and you're in college! Also two players scoring 51 points is lighting it up, the rest of the team played decently, but didn't really light it up. Maryville as a team didn't light up Bearden, but Lee and Gaskin did. Also, Tennessee in football thinks it will find its best talent in states where kids don't want to play football for a great school. Basketball...no one wants to get anywhere near that ugly orange court.

Lee is an excellent player but he's not tennessee's type i mean lee is a player that can light it up from anywhere on the court and tennessee gets the guys who can't do anything i mean i played against lee my sophomore year and he was averagin about 20 as a sophomore. 20 as a soph. isn't great around here but when you only shoot 7 or 8 times a game and get it and your team can win day in day out that's pretty good. Tennessee will realize next year what they lost when Florida wins the conference and UT and Vanderbilt are fightin for last in the conference.

What I find funny is...

The University of Memphis didn't recruit Lee or Dane Bradshaw...they don't want anyone in the entire state lol.

Course if you think about it...how many players has Memphis picked up from the rest of the state? David Vaughn comes to mind...obviously there are many great players from around the state Memphis could have taken, my point is merely they do not recruit around here.

Once again, I did not say talent does not lie in the state of Tennssee-Yarbrough, Delk, Haston, Hassell, etc.

I just think its sad that you all dog UT for not going after Lee (and deservedly so) but Memphis didn't recruit ANYONE IN THE STATE.

Personally I think Lee made the right choice...I wish him the best at UF.

[Edited by TheEgoHasLanded on 1-8-03 9:11P]

ok now before we start bashing UT recruiting in general we have to know that there is a big difference between UT basketball and UT football. As for UT basketball picking dane bradshaw over lee, the only thing i can see of this is that dane bradshaw is in memphis ( basketball breeding ground) and has played on a state championship team so he must be better than a 6'2 kid from maryville,TN that has never even made it to the state championship. Surely this isnt the reason, but as far as im concerned its probably better than any reason Buzz Peterson has. I mean seriously, the only shooter UT has this year is Jon Higgins ( by the way he has no class for doggin lee at the bearden game, thats just immature and embarrassing) and he is graduating after this year, so why in the world wouldnt you give lee the full ride to be the next shooter? instead of to a PG that averages like 12 PPG. UT on the other hand i will let slide for not recruiting carl, just because year in and year out UT has the top 5 recruiting classes in the nation, Auburn does not. I'm not doggin carl at all and i wish he was goin to UT cause i think he would help them out, but UT not lookin at lee is a lot bigger than UT not lookin at carl. Although im glad peterson has disciplined his playes more than jerry green, he is not the same recruiter that greene or even O'neil were.

I don't think Bradshaw is good enough to be a legitimate SEC player, but in his defense, 12ppg at White Station the past couple of years is an *ACCOMPLISHMENT*. They played 13 or 14 players last year pretty much every quarter, and they are INCREDIBLY balanced. And Bradshaw's skills don't necessarily lend themselves to points. He's a brilliant passer who does a little bit of everything right.

Again, I don't think he's an SEC player, but he's far from your typical 12ppg scorer.