Lebron James...

QueenBee

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is James already getting dollar happy? What are some thoughts on this? Did his mother really take a loan or is it a $gift$? I personally think is mother really did get it for him. I mean, think about it, his mother knows that the kid is going to be rolling in the $cash$ in a few years. So, whats a small debt going to be. I think she is just letting him enjoy himself.

Thats how I hope it all went down anyways.

It is a completely valid loan.... What company would not give LeBron a loan, given his future value???

Willis McGahee of Miami took out a large loan as well, but you don't hear anyone claiming foul play here. McGahee took out a $20,000 loan to purchase insurance (which obviously paid off)....

So is the issue with people the ability to take out a loan??? NO..... The apparent issue is what you take out a loan in order to get, which is ridiculous........

The situation is legit, and let LeBron enjoy himself (not to mention everyone else in the world is already making money off him).... Then he goes out last night and drops a cool 50 spot!!!!!!!

There are two big differences between Willis McGahee and Lebron James' situations. 1. The price, 20,000 to 50,000...you do the math! 2. One is insurance, the other is a brand new Hummer! Personally, no matter how much money I had or was going to get my parents wouldn't buy me that at 18, they knew the chances of me wrecking it were too high, and they knew insurance was too high. I don't know what to think about the situation, but it does look suspicious! One thing I thought about, though, was who would be giving him a "gift"? NBA teams probably wouldn't because there is no true sign that he will be going to their team, and even if there was a true sign, odds are he's going to sign without much more tugging. So who would have sent the hummer? An agent...maybe, his mom...maybe, a college team...stupidly, an NBA team...why? Ohh well, I guess we'll see!

Come on Maryville, you have to be kidding me.....

1) You actually believe there is that big of a difference in principle between 20 thou and 50 thou for a loan??? We're not talking about the difference between 100 dollars and 50,000--we're talking about two large sums of money...

2) We are talking about a LOAN. Why does it matter what the loan is for??? The Loan company obviously didn't. We're talking about two high class athletes that both figure at the time to be worth a lot of money at the next level, so what Loan company would turn either down???

What amazes and thrills me is how LeBron has been handling this immense pressure. I thought it was absolutely great how he brought out the toy Hummer before the game, then let his game speak with 50.....

Then LeBron is taking a young boy under his wing, who lost his family in a fire... He is a class act....

Best of luck to LeBron is every step of his career....

this wasn't just a $50,000 SUV, it was a $50,000 SUV with about $25,000 worth of extra's. those included 3 TV's, computer games system, and the words "King James" embroidered on the seat backs. this is no regular SUV. it was personalized. with his mother's possible credit it would be impossible for a normal person whose son will not be making 30 million dollars in the next few years to obtain, so maybe his mother just set up some deal with a bank that if they approved the loan she would promise that her son and her would bank with them when he signs. but then there is the fact that the vehicle was obtained at a dealership in Los Angeles which sells cars to numerous athelets and stars (Kobe, warren sapp, kevin garnett, gary payton, keyshawn johnson, ray lewis, j. lo, denzel washington, and janet jackson) so why would his mother just happen to order the car from there. plus im sure there is a charge for the shipping of the car. i hope for his sake and the sake of his teammates, coaches, and school that it was obtained legally and he can still finishes this remarkable season and make an uncontroversial entrance into the NBA!

It's all about the money. The bank wants his money that is why they gave his mother the loan, which I believe they did. But if the Ohio State High School Basketball Association, or whatever it is, finds out that it wasn't all on the up and up, they will not say anything. Think about how much money James is bringing in to his school with all of this exposure. Don't think that High School Association isn't seeing some of that money. Just think what the T$$A would be doing with something or someone like this. They would milk it for all it is worth just like the O$$A is doing. Money makes the world go 'round!

More than anything I've read, Gomab again has the real point. Forget about the Hummer, the loan, and the tuggle back and forth of the legitimacy. The real story is layed in between those lines of money. The real story is about how an 18 year old sees a bad situation happen to a little kid and takes him under "his wing" and brings some joy into the kid's life. The story has a very similar headline to that of Tracy McGrady and the kid from the Sniper shooting. The very much different aspect of LeBron is his age and maturity to do something out of the kindness of his heart. You see......it doesn't take money to make someone happy, just a kind word or gesture. Henry Ford, founder of Ford Motor Company, once said he'd trade all the money he ever made for an instant of happiness. Happiness comes from within and can not be bought with the "wetbacks" or "benjamins."

[Edited by Stokomo on 1-15-03 11:23P]

Lebron deserves every bit of that hummer...he has been exploited by a lot of people...he obviously is a number one draft pick and he deserves the hummer...as far as his parents worrying about him wrecking it...who cares, they can buy a new one! By the way, McGahee's 2.5 million policy is probably going to be void because he is declaring for the draft, unless 6 days into training camp he decides his knee will never be better...then he can quit football and take his 2.5 million and go home...

BTW, Gomab, Terry Cole said for me to contact you about an intermural team, so if you can email me at socrdave@aol.com