Metro Jobs?

Guest Gladiator1

SexyRed, to answer your question, as to whether or not Broome is ready to be a head coach, who knows? There have been many coaches who probably were not ready to be head coaches but applied and got jobs any way. Only a select few coaches have had major football success in their first head coaching stint, some were young and some were a little more seasoned. Who says Bubba Spears was ready for the Stratford job in '92'; he inherited a team that was absolutely loaded. In Bubba's case he had NO CHOICE but to win ball games because most of their opponents were beaten before they ever stepped on the field, intimidation and just flat out pure talent. So it is not about whether he is ready or not but whether he'll be granted a supporting cast; the athletes are there and still coming the school just needs some coaches. Yo Annie, why don't you put your profile on Frontstreet and apply for the job if it pops open, if you got it like that BUDDY LEE!!!!! :rolleyes:

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BB, excuse me, sonofshadow, I got out of this when a few of your posse lowered the discussion to personal attacks. A wise man once told me that shallow people will result to name calling and personal attacks when they cannot logically defend their position. I prefer not to sink into that quagmire. I would rather sit back and peruse the mindless ramblings of your contemporaries. Also, if you still think that myself and answerking are one and the same, then you are about as good a detective as Maxwell Smart. Alas, I must depart until the next verbal joust.

lilal, appreciate the compliment, but you overestimate my coaching abilities. Glencliff is a tough place to win for anyone. This is for all the Alabama fans that are reading this particular thread...even the Bear couldnt win at Glencliff. Thats for BB,BS,JP,WE..and a few others. When is the next clinic? Don't overindulge...the stories do get told...even if you believe "what goes on the road stays on the road."

Guest Gladiator1

I enjoyed reading your posts until the Coach Bryant comment. I understand the situation at Glencliff and I know that the talent base is slim. He would have had parents of good athletes move into the Glencliff zone to play for him. He would have won championships there or anywhere else where he could bring in his own staff. Please don't bring Coach Bryant into any coaching conversation without first thinking about the situation clearly. I am a young coach who has enjoyed coaching clinics at Alabama, Tennessee and Kentucky. Ease up on the old-timers.