All-time Greatest at your school

Guest snagglepus

Antoine Scott, without a doubt, the most highly recruited player in Briarcrest history. Went to Ole Miss, where he was a 2 year starter, despite receiving offers from NCSt, FSU, UT, and several others, he was a man amongst boys. Currently playing Arena Football, and preparing himself for the NFL combine in May.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going back 20 years, but I have kept up with Brentwwod Academy football since 1976 and I believe I am right in saying Jimmy Hockaday was our best all-around athlete. He was about 6'4" and 215 lbs, and a legit sub 4.5 40 yard dash. He was every list's All-American, and left high school as one of the most prolific recievers in the history of US high school football. He had offers from practically every school in the country. Georgia was coming off a National Championship year his senior year, and as an 18 year old kid, he was impressed. He went there and basically blocked for running backs(Herschel Walker among others) his whole career as a wide out. A total talent waste. He went to the Chicago Bears for a while, but dropped off the scene.

If you ask the "Old Timers", they will tell you he could not be covered. He caught 3 touchdowns in the State Championship game against an awesomely talented Knoxville Rule. His 3 touchdowns came against Terry Minor(early 80's Clemson scandal) covering him. Of course, he had one of the definite top 5 all-time quarterbacks throwing to him...Kent Austin(Ole Miss, St. Louis Cardinals, and MVP of the Grey Cup in Canada). What an awesome matchup! BA hasn't had that kind of talent since! This includes the 1996 State Championship team. :D

[Edited by Brandon100 on 2-12-03 11:38P]

Posted by Redtwin:

I'll agree on Hockaday. My entire family are Georgia fans and my dad used to talk about him and said that he was great. He played on some great bulldog teams so he must have been talented. Gotta give Tito Lee a mention and the big lineman Bubba something credit too though

You mean Bubba Miller. Starter at center for the Philadelphia Eagles.

Bernard Jones would have to be the greatest ever at Polk County. Was highly recruited by several SEC schools in the late 70's early 80's. He blew out his knee his the spring before his senior year and that ruined his chacnce to go on to the next level. Also Josh Couch would have to rank up their as one of the greates although he has yet to sign with any college and it looks like he isn't going to.