All-time Greatest at your school

Guest snagglepus

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JESUSISLIFE2

yes larry daniels is extremly good.. he just didnt have the grades to go to college now i heard that he gets in trouble with the law. like 4 months ago i saw him in th ewanted section in the paper. yes i htink he was better than luke powell but i am talking about people who made it to college.

Hey, I remember Danny Spradlin. That also reminds me, in 1976 Maryville won the state championship. Loudon high school could only get a 8 game schedule. I remember because Cleveland High opted to play a team twice instead of playing Loudon. Loudon's coach went to the TSSAA to try to get them to get anybody to play us, they replied "can't help you". When Loudon played Maryville that year they beat them 21 or 20 to 0. Danny Spradlin was a great player, however, that year Loudon was the best team. The scoreboard said so.

Jonathan Bates was his name. He was a stud, its just a shame we only had him for a year. Senior year had about 120 stops, 14 behind the line, a few picks, 6 forced fumbles in ten games. He was a player. Big hitter.

Mandre Otey is the RB you're thinking of. Only had one season with him as well. Had over 1300 yds and around 12 scores while averaging over 8 yds a carry for the year. He was an animal. Big and fast and tough as nails. Mandre was a special player. Set school records on senior night. Had 297 yards on 17 carries and 4 scores. It was something to watch, and I still pull out the tape every now and then.

From Hunters Lane, you cant forget Reggie Grimes. He played all over the field, offense and defense. I remember one game against Stratford, he caught a screen and continued up field, with 6 players on his back. His senior year, he led the Warriors to a undefeated regular season, only to lose to Clarksville NE in the regions. He was huge, but the nicest guy you will ever meet of the field. Hold school records in track an field, and also played basketball. Went on to start at Alabama at DE, then played 2 years with the Patriots. Was 2nd string DE behind Willie McGinist. If your lucky, you can see him sometimes at his alma mater.

[Edited by redbaron515 on 2-15-03 12:54P]

There has been so much talent to come out of Riverdale, but even though his post high school legacy isn't ankle breaking, Eric Locke's high school career is hard to argue. I don't think there has been another player who could dominate the field the way he could. As far as high school football goes I don't think there was or is a defense in existence that could contain a player of his calibur

Here's some names to throw out that I have seen personally come through here in recent years. Granted, they don't go back to the old timers but anyway I was pretty impressed ...see what you think

Gary Meadows - Meigs Co.

Troy Fleming - BGA

Kenton Evans/Damien Dobson - Westwood

Dantae Hickey - Cleveland

Eddie Moore - South Pitt

Eric Westmorland - Marion Co.

Terry Copeland - Science Hill

Jermaine Copeland - Harriman

Jeremy Lyons - DCA

Riggs, Marty Lowe, Gerald Ware - Red Bank

Colby Holtcamp - Whitwell

Andy Kelly - Rhea Co.

Guest karns12

does anyone know of any great players from karns high?? i only know of one, j.j. mckleskey, he went to tennessee and is now playing for the cardinals.... i dont know any of his stats, but he musta been good to make it that far, pleze elaborate

well brokedown i was on that 76 maryville team and all i can say is , where was loudon come playoff time . yes we lost that game (our worst game that year ) but we won out after that . just because loudon won a regular season game against us , doesn't make them the best . we won when we had to !!!! MARYVILLE WAS THE 76 STATE CHAMP , NOT LOUDON !!!!!!!!!!