Coach of the Year?

PUMMELKING

Who should be the Coach of the Year?

Not to take anything away from Bradley, he has done an outstanding job with that program, but I'm curious who has had to do the most work.

A successful program is one that has a strong feeder program, not all Coaches are fortunate to have Middle School wrestling teams. So therefore it is not always the best Coach who wins.

What Coach made the greatest improvement with their programs this past season. A good motivational and influential role to follow. A Coach who now has wrestlers who believe in themselves are able to win matches. Could the Coach of the year be a Coach who just starts a program???

Open for suggestions

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Scott Cook of Cookeville. I mena come on guy s a 5th year program and sent 10 to state in back to back years. 2 finalists and a total of 4 medalists. That is a heck of a job. Especially considering no one in Cookeville had ever wrestled before. He is real diserving. He truelly is the best. He was not getting paid until this year and never complained about it and just enjoyed being out with the kids. He truelly is the best coach in the whole state.

Scott Cook of Cookeville Coach of the Year

unknown

Steve Logsdon...

you see, Coach Logsdon was not handed a powerhouse on a silver platter. He has developed the program over years of hard work and dedication to the sport and the athletes that want to become good and better wrestlers...State Champions are not born champs, they must work hard to get there. Also, remember excellent wrestlers including Champions graduate every year and they must be replaced. Coach Logsdon seems to be able to get these wrestlers ready to step up and fill the shoes of those graduating State Champs. I think everyone must agree that Coach Logsdon has done that time after time, year after year. Now that gets my vote for COACH OF THE YEAR(S)! :)

seriously... I know that other coaches did a great job improving their teams this year but year in year out Steve Logsdon does an awesome job with his guys. I have seen him turn guys from nothing to state champs. Most of all, he can turn a guy that is nothing into something, not on the mat but in life. He has this motivation that you really can't decribe. It is so infectious that guys just believe in him. I pick Steve Logsdon, period . He really doesn't get credit for what he has done. No disrespect at all for coach henry, miller and any of the best coaches in the state, but no one can do what this guy can.

Guest Anais338

" You must first build your foundation before you build your house" Major Luke Worsham.

As a parent that knows absolutely nothing about wrestling except watching as your child gives everything they have on the mat as well as heart and soul, I remember the first time my son wrestled his first match, I honestly questioned why the heck my son was doing this and why the coaches put him out there giving up so much weight, the first year my son didn't have a very good year as far as winning his matches however someone asked what makes a coach of the year,, character; the total things a person does, feels and thinks by which he is judged, integrity; the quality of being honest and trustworthy, all of these things and so much more that builds leaders, we didn't have the turn out like we wanted but we won so much more and as a parent I watched my child become so much more, this was because of the very best coaches, our team this year was very inexperienced with the exception to our state medalist and few that placed in the state last year, with this in mind what it takes to be a great coach, how many leaders does it take to make a team? Thanks to everyone of our coaches at Baylor, to all that helped with the program, you guys have made the best leaders,

I really think that Scott Cook from Cookeville deserves it. I also believe Steve Logsdon is a close second. Logsdon makes state champs year in and year out. He had 6 in the finals for crying out loud! Most people would love having 6 finalists in the region. However, Cook has done an amazing job. He, Coach Dennison, and Coach Frazier started the team from scratch. No middle school or feeder programs and has sent 10 to state each of the last two years. Great job Cookeville.