Class A State Tourney?? Who are the favorites??

Volunatic

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe this one is wide open my friends. I mean the 8 teams left are ALL capable of ripping off 3 in a row in the 'Buro:

Cloudland

Harriman

Friendship Chr

Westmoreland

Ezell-Harding

Moore Coounty

Huntingdon

Peabody

How would you rate those teams?? That is pretty dang hard. Without knowing how they will be drawn here is I how I would try to rank them:

Ezell

Westmoreland

Harriman

Moore

Friendship

Peabody

Huntingdon

Cloudland

But..what do I know. I'll be back for more after I see the pairings!! :o

It has alot to do with how teams match up. I believe anyone of the teams left could win. I do believe the support will be much greater for the teams near Murfreesboro and I would also pick Ezell as the favorite. It,s one and done and old lady luck always plays a big part. As for picking Cloudland last,hum bug,you,ve been picking them to lose time and again,don,t look now but they destroyed Hancock who could have easily knocked off harriman tonight. The Landers are for real and if they play their best ball,they could walk away with the gold ball. Five seniors who have went to war many times.

Yeah but i believe if the game would have been played at either Cloudland or at Milligan then the Lady Landers would have blown the Indians out. Either way they are still going to the Boro. As for ranking the last, i think its a mistake, but you never know what could happen. All of these teams are far to close to rank, i dont even know how you all are doing it. What are you basing it on. Well anyway i would look for Cloudland to be at 6 if i did make the poll my self. But as i say its to close to call from here!

As for the Cloudland vs. Harriman disscusion, yes its true that Harriman blew out Oneida twice by like 16, but what you failed to mention was how Oneida beat Harriman once by three. And also how Harriman barely escaped by three against Oneida another time. So whose to say that if Cloudland and Oneida meet three more times that Cloudland would blow them out every game. Sure once you play a team two or three times (Harriman vs. Oneida), then you can prepare your team for them and know their style of play. Then that gives you the advantage that Harriman had against Oneida those last two games. Take this how you want. But once again i say its to close to call!

Go landers, bring the ball to East Tn.

[Edited by notjustafan on 3-9-03 12:52A]

how easily you forget, blow oneida out, get real, you were very lucky to beat them tonite. if these two teams played 10 times it would probably be 5 to 5 or possibly 6 to 4 either way. i have seen some of the best single a teams in tenn. play this year, let me give you a piece of advice, dont make reservations to watch your team past wed. i wasnt going to get started on here about the game tonite, but when you say blow us out, that erks my hind end. we out played you three quarters to one. sure you won but there is not a nickles worth of difference between those two teams, ask the players if they thought they could blow oneida out. people like you probably never even played basketball, and if you did you probably only got to play when it was a blow out. GET A LIFE

Also Cloudland split with Cosby and Harriman beat them by 30+, but what does that mean? Nothing. I was simply replying to someone who made it sound as if Cloudland would hammer Harriman. I don't know who wins if they get together, but hopefully they'll meet Saturday because if Harriman doesn't win then I'm for the Lady 'Landers.

It,s whoever gets hot at the right time. One night you can,t miss,the next night its all bricks. Bricks at the foul line was what kept the game close tonight. Cloudland shoots foul shots real well most of the time. I,ve checked all these schools records and I don,t see any cupcakes. One thing that will help our girls is,they have been there before. I,m sure last year was a little intimadating. Another thing,we played in a big tournament in NC earlier in the year with several 4a schools and walked away with first place,like I said ,these girls are battle tested.