Overrated Maryville

cdm2003

Marion County won a title in 1990. I watched that team beat Alcoa 42-14 at Alcoa. Alcoa was defending state champs also.

They were runner up in 1982 and 1984. The 1984 Marion County team beat Maryville 14-13 in the semifinals for the right to face Marshall County for the state title.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville has proven that it is the best ball team in the state with multiple championships. The key is the coaching staff there at Maryville. They are a class act group of guys. Their system is simple to learn, but complicated to defend. They pick apart opponents and this past state game versus a more athletic team and being down 14 points to come back just shows how good and how much tradition they have

Maryville is not overated just look at the numbers 4 out of 5 state titles. That is incredible,that a program has done that. Many schools have never won state titles or even region titles. If you have wondered why Maryville is so good it is simple they are a family. Just think if you make a post talking trash about Maryville look at the response. Maryville wins because from players and coaches to parents they all stick together. So my hat is off to Maryville's football program.

Human psychology is an amazing thing. I will never understand why some people can only make themselves feel better about their teams/themselves by attacking and attempting to tear down the succesful. I've come to understand that it's a badge of honor to be attacked on these boards, and the more vitriolic the diatribes, the more honor that accrues.

I'm not a Maryville fan, but you have to respect their accomplishments.