Overrated Maryville

cdm2003

My best friends are key players from all those games and they said that Hillsboro had more talent and was wearing them out, but they just wanted it more. And you saying, "if it wasn't for hillsboro gettin tired." Champions condition so stuff like that doesn't happen so you just made Hillsboro look bad. Also, overrated teams don't win the dang game you moron. If they were overrated they would be like Columbia and not even make it or like T-homa. Get real

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why is it that no one can accept that maryville won the game for themselves. I was on the sideline for the game and we fought it out all game. they were up the whole game and our coaches came through with some wonderful calls to give us the edge. I think maryville deserves all the credit that we get. Plus, i think some of you people are just a little jealous that you wont be getting a ring this year.

maryville has established itself as a state power, and until someone can whip them up and down the field, year after year, they will still be a state power. it all boils down to being jealous of them. they know how to win and your team doesnt, bottom line. People should be proud that they have a team in tennessee that does so well. They should respect maryville and everything that their program stands for. I know it's hard to swallow sometimes, but you've got to admit that they are good, and live w/the facts.

I am going to do this and know that some are going to take this as an excuse, but since the season is over and the REBELS did not need any excuses to win the state...here goes.

Had anyone of these detractors seen a 100% healthy Maryville team play the, at the time #2 team Morristown West, in week 4 there would not be so much discussion about Maryville's "AVERAGE ATHLETES". The fact is that this bunch of young men overcame more obstacles this year than most people would believe and STILL managed to win the state.

1) They lose T.J. Brock before the season. One of the states best backs.

2) They lose Alex Rouse their Starting Quarterback in the last scrimmage before the season starts. One of the best athletes in the state. Maybe the best all around QB in the state.

3)After game four they are ravaged by injuries. I am not going to list anything but the state game and only those that I personally know about. In no particular order.

1) MLB - Lucus Tipton is playing on a knee that is so bad that his knee cap pops out of place if you look at it the wrong way...Elects to postpone surgery until after the season. He still managed to play a very good game in the middle.

2) DT - Cole Mckinney is playing on a knee that will require surgery, again elects to play and finish the season.

3) OG - Drew Eubanks is playing with a badly torn ACL. he has been on crutches until the week before... Has surgery immediately after season.

4) WR/SS/PR - Brad Merrit is playing with a torn ACL

5) DE - Andrew Hodges is playing with an ankle injury that had his playing status in question until just before the game.

6) DE - Jeremy Killebrew - his back-up has been playing with a broken arm, and doing a great job.

7) OG - Chris Large - is playing on an ankle that has caused him to miss several games.

8) DB/WR/PR - Russell Clement is playing with a fractured bone in his leg, honest to Pete, has a soft cast on. Still manages to have a great game after injuring his elbow in second quarter.

9) DT - Ryan Headrick has an injured back.

I know injures are part of the game, but if you were around the program this year you would know what a great job the coaches did filling key positions due to injuries, and what an outstanding group of guys these players are. They handled all the adversity with poise and class, heart and character. I am proud to say that I am a RED REBEL parent and we owe an excuse/apology/explaination to no one.

Oh one other thing. This Junior class maybe the most talented group that Maryville has ever had...yes I know what I said. They have not lost a game since the 8th grade, they lost one,....averaged 50 points a game as freshmen. The only reason that you have not heard more about them is they played behind one of the great senior classes in Tennessee High School Football History, the 2000-2002 MARYVILLE RED REBELS.

You better get them early!!!!!!

[Edited by RedReb on 3-16-03 9:35A]

RebRon:

You again my friend and fellow fan, are the man. You nailed the facts of the Maryville season right on the head. Hissboro was a great team and people who watched the game live and on TV saw one of the most competive games of football played by two outstanding teams. Many of the kids you named, some you did'nt were not starters in the spring but steped up big and men with a purpose. They got the job done week after week for 15 weeks adjusting to what ever was presented them. The coaches did an outstanding job again and will do it again. So other fans can diss "Our" program but we, I love it because it is the purest form of TEAM THE GAME! Go Rebs

KevB i was going to add another post to this thread and then i read yours and you said it all for me. Good Post. It is great to have a program you are proud of but you have to constantly explain and defend it and that is indeed a shame.Thanks for the comments from an unbiased source.

No one likes winning teams, its that simple! No one likes you because they have to play you and they'll probably get beat by you. Unlike some cake-walk team thats fun to play because its easy and you can rack up the score, the hard times make you work for every inch and still humiliate you! Maryville has to be the least overrated team in the state of Tennessee. They've worked for every single inch, no one gave it to them, they fought for it and they took it! In the Hillsboro game they faced the elements, they looked at the possibility of losing and they didn't like it, so they changed their fate! Some say it was all due to their "trick plays" well even trick plays have to be executed, executed to the object of perfection, and those 15-18 year olds did just that..executed them perfectly. Those coaches prepared for everything and when the team faced the impossible they didn't get nervous, they just chisled away and eventually got the job done! The sign of true champions

I didn't say that they weren't good or anything, I just said yall had me thinking that they were just unbeatable the way some of yall were talking. They have my pick for the best team in the last four years. But, they were beatable.

And there was no call for callin' me a moron, I was just saying what I feel. If everyone felt the same this site would be extremely boring. That wasnt cool lord infamous.

Itz a waste of time talking about each other online. I'd rather display my problems in person.

Good post KevB, and Maryville was and is beatable. But no one could get that job done, last year. FACT! I am very proud of the young men who suited hurt and stepped up all year and certainly the men who coached them. Mr. B and the team Doc. from Maryville Ortho earned a rings as well in my book; he was a hero big time. History will record that Maryville is a model program. What has been established will not fall easily therefore the kids can play with nothing to prove to anyone but themselves. Next seasons underclassmen have been and are now preparing to defend the honor and tradition of the Community. It matters not what those who take cheap shots at the program say or wish it ill will, the record stands for it˜s self as a testimony of boys who grew into men during their 4 years of High School. I am proud and not ashamed of it.

How many state titles did they win without Eric Westmoreland? Ken is a great coach, but you can't win a title without some players.

Posted by REBELRON:

I gave you a good mark on that post.

You was right on about the coaching. Coaching means everything. Look at Marion County and Cleveland. When they had Colquette and Monroe on the sidelines they were scary.