BEST CATCHERS AROUND THE STATE!!!!

RBHSoftball11

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't have this discussion without tossing Alex Klinman in the mix. One of the best catchers I have seen. He signed with Ole Miss and played back-up all last year. He is a great left handed hitter, will give problems to the best pitcher in the state. Another good one I think is Nate Eason of Bartlett, not the best by far, but is well built has good feet, a strong arm (doubles as our rf), and handles a pitcher better than any I have ever seen. Coach had him calling games his freshman year, though it was jv, smart kid!

Sophmore catcher Joseph Floyd of CASCADE shows a lot of promise!! He has a great arm, great blocking skills, ausome leadership skills a coach looks for in his catcher, and swings a "mean" left-handed stick. If he continues to work and improve, he will definately see some college action! :):D:o:o

• 1 year later...

Goodpasture's catcher, Jay Moreland ('05) is among the best in Tennessee. Pop time 1.8, strong arm, hits for avg. and hits for power. Has a great head for the game. Started as a freshman. I've never seen anyone work harder on his game -- in season and off season. His frame is filling out. Plays much larger than his size. He'll get lots of looks as he enters his senior year in '05.

Andrew Scharrer from Mt. Pleasant has all the tools to play at the next level. He hits for ave. and power .He is one of four SR. leaders one the states#1 ranked class A team. But , don't take my word for it I invite you to come see for yourself or just ask some of the coaches on any of the teams in Southern Middle Tennessee.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• I think Gordonsville wins the region but comes up short vs south pitt in Rd3  
    • Who’s going to lead the pirates offense this year?
    • Pickett is good, may have a Mr. Football like season if he’s used correctly. One of the best teams Marion has fielded in a while. I think they go 12-1 and loose to ER.  ER has better players at almost every position. If they play discipline this year, they win soundly. If they don’t though…Marion could sneak away with it.
    • I’m betting the house on the Indians. Pickett and Co will be the only team to challenge the Indians in the East. Huntingdon can in the West. I think Brooks goes 15-0 and has the first perfect season and state championship in ER history.
    • Sounds like a great opportunity has opened up for the football team.  With the head coach of the diamond rebels making it official and quitting this week, there should be some room for the gridiron guys to benefit. I assume the administration won’t continue paying six figures to two former coach that quit to continue teaching drivers Ed. Thats pretty good money that could be redirected toward the football program. Also, with the more recent policies of pushing kids to only play one sport, abolishing the baseball program altogether would help on Friday nights in the fall. There is some decent speed on that baseball team that should’ve been playing on Fridays IMO. I’m not sure if anybody would really miss that baseball program anyway with it being across town from the school. The liability of letting players actually use the facilities could also be mitigated with closing the program. That liability seems to be a really big issue for 825. Anyway, it seems like a great opportunity is available.