Boyd-Ezell-Goodpasture

sportsguy1

So who do ya'll think will win in all in Memphis??? Is it true that Goodpasture's pitcher has returned??? If so that definitely helps them out. Boyd is hitting the ball really well right now. They have had 2 different girls hit homeruns in the last two games and both are freshmen. And you can never count Ezell out...they are always great. But I think these are the top 3 teams in 1A...it will be interesting to see them battle it out in Memphis.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I think Forrest is one of the top three, but I thought they were before they beat Ezell. ;) Any team in Memphis can beat any other team, and that includes Goodpasture. But the favorites would have to be Boyd, Forrest, and Goodpasture, in no particular order. Good luck to all of the Class a teams in Memphis and congratulations on making it this far.

Mr Wizard-

I disagree. I think Goodpasture is the favorite. However, I have not seen Boyd play this year, but I wanna say good luck to Sarah Warren and Emily Broyles :D .

I don't think a pitcher left in A can touch Danielle. Plus there is not an easy out in their line up, trust me! I have played Goodpasture 5 times this year, and Forrest once, and I will tell you right now, these two teams play... I am thinkin there may be a run rule. Goodpastures hitters are more patient that the ones on my team, and they will wear Forrest's pitcher out. And I don't think Forrest's bats are good enough to go against Danielle. They may have 2 players good enough to play with Goodpasture. The center fielder (real good ball player, fast!), and the short-stop on her best day.

I have only seen 2 of the teams that are going to the state play this year (FC and Boyd). FC has a very good ball team. If Boyd can take their Umps with them, they should do very well; otherwise, I don't know. When we played them in Chatt., there was some very obvious favortism by the Ump behind the plate. If we had played them at any other place, the outcome may have been the same, but the ball game would have been totally different. I mean how do you call catcher interference on a bunted ball (with the bat out in front of the batter!!) after the play is already complete????The pitches by our pitcher were balls and the same pitches, or maybe even worse pitches, strikes for theirs???? Oh well, it's all done and said now, nothing we can do about it, but you can bet next year we'll be working hard to bring the sectionals to our home field with fair umps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Then if we get beat, fine. At least it will be a fair defeat.

Mad Mom

ezellsoftball04,

You may end up being correct. However, let's give Forrest some credit. Forrest beat Richland 3 out of 4 times this year and Richland gave Goodpasture all they wanted in the sectional game(1-0 in 9 innings). Personally I think Forrest and Richland are by far the best two public schools in the state and both are in the top 4 or 5 including the private schools. If Forrest can't win it I hope Goodpasture does. Good thing is that it will all be settled on the field this week. Good luck to all the A softball teams.

11A softball is alive and well, I have first hand knowledge of that. They play the game at a very high level just look at the top two team's records. Nothing but respect from me for your team and players. This game is played in the dirt not on a message board. Some games may be lost on here by some smack talking that gives the other team motivation. Good luck in Memphis and I hope we get the opportunity to meet each other.

Tnfisher-

I really haven't heard much about the Richland/Goodpasture game, so I really can't say anything about that. Sometimes the score doesn't the whole story. I really do hope that Forrest and Goodpasture play in Memphis. I know the Goodpasture players want to play them to prove something from last year. I hope I can be there to see that game.

To eagle66. Friendship beat Boyd in the substate last year to get to the state. Then they beat South Fulton and Forrest in the state and eventually finished 3rd. They won 3 games the year before to also finish 3rd. That's 5 wins at state the last 2 years, so I guess they don't always get put out the first 2 games, do they?