Top 5 Head Coaches in East Tennessee

tlove13

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tlip,

Dobyns-Bennett has had some really good high school football players who were able to reach their potential because of excellent coaching from Graham Clark and his staff. The kicker from the 2002 team, Ethan Gouge, signed with the Naval Academy and our RB/LB Jacob McMillian signed with the Air Force Academy (both D-1)...the 2003 team has had players sign with Tusculum (Dustin Gaines), Maryville (Chase Flanary), and Carson Newman (Cedric Hodge), and have others still be recruited (Phillip Tritapoe, Walker Throp, and Ryan Powell) trying to make decisions as to where to go. All are good kids who play hard and are coachable.

One of the things I find most interesting about the posts on coachT is that so many people profess to know things that they are truly clueless about...yet post none the less...Dobyns-Bennett's reputation in our area is one of sportsmanship (winner of the official's annual sportsmanship award more than any other school) and quality.

There have been kids who did not function at the highest level of propriety (as with all schools) and they have been dealt with, the details of these dealings neither you nor I know, nor should we...To put forth a hypothetical situation, let's say I am the parent of a very talented athlete, let's say a football player, and I live in Blount County, I surmise that my child will have a better opportunity to grow and excell in the Maryville High School football program, because of the tradition, the success, the visability (thus the potential opportunity to be seen by more college recruiters), the stability, etc....the other programs in the Blount County area are great, Alcoa, Wm Blount, Heritage all are outstanding, please don't get angry, this is a perception...the same perception holds true for Dobyns-Bennett, many people in Northeast Tennessee would put D-B in the same scenerio as I just did Maryville, thus players transfer to schools they and their parents think will provide the best opportunity for them to grow, develope, and excell. They may move into a town, a school district, or pay tuition, it's what is best for the child. It can take away from other schools, but those other schools in Northeast Tennessee (Sullivan County) still do a great job and are highly competitive. I'd say there has been a similar situation between Riverdale and Oakland, but I don't know enough facts to put forth a statement about them, so I won't.

The Dobyns-Bennett coaching staff does a great job and the players play with such heart.

Maybe you should know more about your subject matter before you again write something so wrong.

Roll Tribe Roll _

However, I keep asking this simple question without an answer...

"If Graham Clark and the cavalry are doing such a good job turning these kids into upper-level collegiate players, and some NFLers, then how come there is no Gold Ball?"

And by the way, everyone who knows anything knows that Graham Clark always gets what he wants because people feel sorry for him, year in and year out (See also: 1992-2003 All Big East Team).

"If Graham Clark and the cavalry are doing such a good job turning these kids into upper-level collegiate players, and some NFLers, then how come there is no Gold Ball?"

You call Air Force and the Naval academy upper level DI athletes? I call any team that stays in the top 15 or so year end and year out upper level. Again, we are not a D I factory. It is maybe every few years we are lucky to get a IAA caliber player. We had the Air Force Academy and Naval Academy after two players recently. Those players had excellent grades. The Air Force and Naval Academy demand athletes with excellent grades and will take nothing below thhat, so they have a hard time competing against say a Florida St for example. No SEC schools even gave those guys an offer. Great kids, good athletes, but not upper level D I material. One NFL guy that is not in the NFL now as far as I know. You always blow up your facts, JAPTS5.

And by the way, everyone who knows anything knows that Graham Clark always gets what he wants because people feel sorry for him, year in and year out (See also: 1992-2003 All Big East Team).

Nobody feels sorry for him by choosing his players to the All Big East Team. The reason is simple, DB always wins the Big East, which would easily explain to a normal minded person with reasonable intelligence (unlike Tequiza) why DB usually has the most players on the All Big East Team.

You accuse us of dodging questions? You never answered why Meadows can't beat Clark. Answer it. It is not talent because Jeff co had far more than DB and was picked to win the Big East last year. Again, Meadows 0-3 vs Clark even with more talent is a great indicator of a good coach.

Edited by bud

Tlip,

In order to answer your question with an answer you could possibly understand, you must have some validity to your question...what upper-level collegiate players? Read my previous post.

You are going to have to be more consistant with your posts...if D-B is overloaded with D-1 players then the All Big East teams should be full of Indians; if D-B is not full of D-1 players and don't deserve All Big East recognition, then Coach Clark is doing a great coaching job for D-B to again win the conference. If, as you implied, the Northeast Tennessee area is so weak that D-B should win them all (preseason picked behind Jeff Cty in 2003, but you seem to like to ignore facts), then the All-Big East team should have a lot of Indians; If the area is not that weak and D-B continues to win the conference, then Coach Clark (and staff) has done a great job.

Which story are you going to be wrong on this next post?

But, hey, I'll give you another opportunity to show your @#%, er, uh lack of knowledge...who on the All Big East teams from D-B is there because Coach Clark "always gets what he wants because people feel sorry for him"...or wait a minute, are they there because they are all great D-1 prospects? Both sides of your mouth must hurt, or at least both hands be cramped.

Dobyns-Bennett has had some really good high school football players who were able to reach their potential because of the excellent coaching of Graham Clark and his staff.

Roll Tribe Roll

You all have been brainwashed...or blinded by love, rather.

What's with all of this Meadows stuff? I think he's a great ball coach, and he only faced D-B two or three times. D-B had better players, undoubtedly (as I've been told), and I don't think Meadows had any problem putting points on the board, if I remember correctly (I didn't attend any of the games).

Look, all I'm saying is that Graham Clark is severely overrated. You wouldn't be so mad if you didn't think it was true...

You have been told wrong. DB did not have the athlelets Jeff co had last year. Again; Clark won anyway.

Clark is not overrated. You have no basis in your argument that is supported by all the "well I heard" or "I was not at the game but"

All you are doing is yapping with no merit. You are either jealous or you're Jpats5 or both.

Edited by bud

I am a jeff county fan, but Clark from DB, does get the job done, 99% of the time, except when it gets to the end of the season. Meadows is a good coach also. The difference, Clark does establish discipline as far as I can tell, He stood up to Williams, and kept his ground. This is a new year, the kid should be given another chance this year. Meadows had some kids, that acted, like 2 year old tantrums coming off of the field, they weren't even sat down for that game, they were right back in, they had some kids that had some discipline problems that should have sat out the rest of the year, they were back on the team. No discipline is Meadows only downfall. All in all, both coaches are good, meadows does ride the talent train, Jeff had the talent, don't know if meadows was outcoached by Clark, or Clark just had his kids better prepared. The latter, I seem to think.

Any mention of Gary Householder at Seymour. One of the top 5 winning coaches in East Tennessee.

I did put Coach Householder in my Top Five. I've seen what he can do with minimal talent in a fairly tough area for 3A ball (Fulton, A-E, Kingston...).

As for Jefferson County, you people are just a bit backwards anyway, the two times I stepped foot in that county it felt like I stumbled into a time warp to the 1930s...if you catch my drift. I did see Jefferson County play once last year (at Oak Ridge) and the seniors acted like great sportsmen, especially Houston and Jennings. The only trouble I could find was sitting within earshot of the Jefferson County fans, which were terribly inconsiderate and ...well...in your words, undisciplined. But look who I'm talking to...you're likely one of them!

tez-CAT LIP-oca

If you say Clark is overated, then thats gotta' be a complement.

You know less about Dobyns-Bennett football and its coaching staff than anyone I've heard yet.

But hey, Im having a good laugh everytime you post. Keep um' comming.

Oh and......look in the mirror and say hey to JPatts for me!

WaCo ;) JaCo