Top 5 Head Coaches in East Tennessee

tlove13

I thought I was fanatical about my boy Rankin? You guys are going to have to get your story straight. I just think Meadows is a great football coach. He showed those 'necks up in Dandridge how to play ball again. I wouldn't say that I necessarily 'despise' them...I'm just tired of hearing them whine.

IF YOU NOTICED MEODOWS TRACK RECORD. HE ONLY GOES WHERE THE ATLETES ARE. WHEN THE WELL DRIES UP HE LEAVES. WITH THE TALENT JEFF CO. HAD LAST YEAR THEY SHOULD HAVE PLAYED 15 GAMES. INSTEAD OF 13.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF YOU NOTICED MEODOWS TRACK RECORD. HE ONLY GOES WHERE THE ATLETES ARE. WHEN THE WELL DRIES UP HE LEAVES. WITH THE TALENT JEFF CO. HAD LAST YEAR THEY SHOULD HAVE PLAYED 15 GAMES. INSTEAD OF 13.

Are you saying that WB has more talent than JC at this point, or did Meadows make an erroneous decision?

I wouldn`t bet on WB being better than Jeff Co next year.With RB's Arron Carson,Chris Shiverdecker,WR Shane Acuff,G\DT Jason Yeary,LB\G Daniel Green,TE\DE Billy Luther,and that just highlights some of very good players who will be back for Jeff Co next year.

"YOU BEEN WARNED"

GO PATRIOTS!

Hard to compare coaches because there is the huge "X" factor, the players, but there is also the coaches who have to put it all together. Woods is obviously a great coach especially defensively, and did the best job in years of taking away Maryville's underneath passing game in the semis. He made Maryville make the low percentage throws and Maryville couldn't do it.

Woods is a great defensive coach but in this day and age, it's hard to win a championship. I said hard, not impossible, to win a championship without a dominant offense or at least a balanced offense or an offense that puts you to sleep and then hits the big play. That's what separates a quarterfinal, semifinal winner from a state championship winner. West was suspect on offense last year and it's hard to put a great defense in tough spots all day long. West defense was good enough to win the title but the offense didn't help them out. A dominant running game, i.e. Hillsboro, or a balanced offense takes a lot of pressure off a defense.

Caoch Stevens of A-E is an excellent coach. His team is fundamentally sound and very discipline. He is in ultimate control of his staff and players. He will suspend a player the whole season but wants the player (if he hopes to play next year) to continue to be a part of his team. The funny thing is that the players usually stay around his program. An example is Maurice Davis. He could have been an All-State player at any position last year. The people of Knoxville know who I am talking about. He needed some maturing and was a cancer around the team. Stevens suspended him from the team for the whole season but wanted him to remain in the program (continue to go to study hall, continue to keep his GPA up, continue to work out, etc. etc.) Stevens and staff feel that there is no better place for a young man to be in the community of the school than with their program. They don't believe in kicking a player off. They want him to stay with them because for many of the kids in the community AE football is the best thing going. You can see the players and coaches at the mall together or at each others house. Very family like atmosphere. If you watch them play or play against them they play hard and most teams respect them and most fans enjoy watching AE.

• 2 months later...