Top 5 Head Coaches in East Tennessee

tlove13

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no offense to hammontree, but he didn't stand a chance with Parkview, Brookwood, and the other Gwinnett Co. schools. It's insane how much money is pumped into FB at those places. In the Atlanta paper a couple of years ago there was an article on the booster clubs in the suburban Atlanta schoolsThe Parkview and Brookwood Football Boosters (no other sports) raised over $2 million each. Both schools have huge state-of-the-art jumbotrons, among other things. It was something to see how GA high school football is compared to our football.

• 2 weeks later...

Some people might say that Gatewood from Ooltewah is a "good" high school coach and this is probably true. He has turned around the program at Ooltewah since hes been there, so he deserves his accolades. But the question is, what does he do for his players when it comes time to help them be seen by college coaches and helping them get into college? I heard it on the grapevine, but apparently hes not much good when his players need him the most. If im wrong, let me know, and give me some good examples of players he's helped get to the next level. And if someone proves me wrong I'll retract my previous statement.

• 2 weeks later...

1.BUCK COATNEY-FULTON HIGH SCHOOL

2.George Quarles-Maryville

3.Scott Meadows-Jefferson County

4.Mark Pemberton-Catholic

5.Benny Hammonds-Gatlinburg Pittman

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FALCONS!

I LOVE IT TIME!

I LOVE IT TIME!

I LOVE IT TIME!

I LOVE IT TIME!

I LOVE IT TIME!

I LOVE IT TIME!

I LOVE IT TIME!

I LOVE IT TIME!

1.BUCK COATNEY-FULTON HIGH SCHOOL

2.George Quarles-Maryville

3.Scott Meadows-Jefferson County

4.Mark Pemberton-Catholic

5.Benny Hammonds-Gatlinburg Pittman

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FALCONS!

I LOVE IT TIME!

I LOVE IT TIME!

I LOVE IT TIME!

I LOVE IT TIME!

I LOVE IT TIME!

I LOVE IT TIME!

I LOVE IT TIME!

I LOVE IT TIME!

825295191[/snapback]

NEWS FLASH! Scott Meadows is no longer coaching at Jefferson County.Now we really know you have no idea what you`re talking about.

What about Coach May and Coach Henry at Oneida? They have a pretty good record and haven't had a losing season since taking over the program. They have always had a good staff also. I am biased but I think our coaches have studied a lot about the game to become as successful as they are. Go Indians!

456254[/snapback]

I like both of these guys but I would say that the dearly departed father of Coach May, Jim May would be the Dean of this list if he were still with us!!!!!!!!! thumb

• 3 weeks later...

I know this thread is old but i just noticed "thisbudforyou"s comment and could not agree MORE!... Gatewood isnt even a "good" high school football coach. He is average at best. He benefited GREATLY from the arrival of Talent that was the 2002, and 2003 senior classes... he went 2-8 each of his first 2 seasons and started his 3rd season with a 4 game losing streak(at which point some graduated seniors felt necessary to put "Gatewood 4:20) a reference to both his record and the pot use at Ooltewah on the middle of the football field. If the classes of 2002 and 2003 hadnt arrived to take over with pure talent Gatewood would have been fired after the 2000 season! And what did Gatewood do for those seniors that SAVE HIS JOB... NOT A DAD GUM THING! Patrick Flanagan played ball at UTC for one season but ended up quitting(anyone close to him knew he was burnt out on football by his junior year but kept playing out of obligation) when he had an opportunity to play ball(even if just as a bench warmer) and get a degree from a Top Notch school, Gatewood could have helped, but didnt. Adam Howard was rediculously talented but undercoached, good thing he had baseball to carry him(currently in the minors of the Arizona D-backs system). Blake Foster was rediculously talented and had offers from school like Kentucky(too bad Gatewood couldnt think far enough ahead to make sure Blake made grades to graduate, Foster ended up dropping out almost as soon as his senior football season was over), as for that rediculously talented Line of the Owls, the"HOGS" well as good as they were Gatewwod didnt even bother trying to get any of them places to play after high school was over... a real shame because they were great. THe only one of them to get a college scholarship was Justin Matherson(UTC in case you were wondering) THat kid deserved to be playing D-I ball(were talking the bigs not D-I AA) The fact of the matter is a coach can only benefit from making sure his graduated seniors go on to play at the next level and Gatewood doesnt understand that. If you can tell talented underclassmen and possible transfers that you can make sure they are playing college ball on scholarship then you can make sure they dont transfer to other schools or go to the privates. Therein making your program better each and every year. Oh and my final proof that Gatewood is not even a "good" high school coach: his offense... When your own fans know what play you are gonna call next then so do your opposing coaches and players... THey even get to study film on you so they DEFINITELY know what youre next move is.