Fulton vs Austin east

shortstop22

Even though Fulton last players last they will still have a verry decent team. you have to remember that they had depth last year so players under the starters had some playing time. they will have plenty of poeple to fill in the holes. AE has a chance sure but i watched them scrimage scott high last year and it wasnt at all impressive. AE only scored one offensive touchdown. the rest was on special teams and interceptions. So if AE cant score more than once with a team that has 40 players on the team and no depth at all How do they expect to roll in and beat the Falcons on friday night???

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When do these 2 teams meet? I think an early season match-up favors AE. Fulton always seems to be a slow starting team. I think they (Fulton) have a chance to be a more athletic team this year with Long at QB. However, I'm afraid AE will embarrass quite a few teams before it's all said and done. Either way, I would hate to have either of these teams on my schedule late in the season.

Edited by billygoat2

Goat, I have to agree with you. ITs probably going to be ugly if its an early game and quess what, this game will be the second game of the season for both teams. So in other words, Uh OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, this game will take place at AE again I say UH OH!!!!!!!

Falcons will freeze ontop the hill!

Let's GO RUnners

Fearless Predictions for 2003:

#1) The winner of the AE/Fulton game will be the team with the most points at the end of regulation.

#2) If AE loses, they will cry foul!!!!

#3) No matter what the score, AE will cry foul!!!

#4) AE may have a little more class (not much) than they had in the early 90s

...i.e. when Glasper let his squad provide us with inspiration by allowing his team to taunt us during warm-ups by circling our side of the field, chanting "Fulton Fa@@ots." We went on the humiliate the Runners that day, in their own house (28-0).

#5) Stevens will get doubled and triple teamed.

#6) Saturday morning will be a sore one for the AE QB, if...Stevens doesnt get doubled and triple teamed.

AND last but not least...

#7) John Paul will continue to display his football ignorance, lack of knowledge in sports and in general, illiteracy and continue to tarnish his already suspect reputation throughout the upcoming season.

--Once again, it is on!!!!!!!!!! Go Falcons!!!!!!!!!

actually, i think i'd have to go with the falcons on this one... A-E didn't seem ready to play when they scrimmaged maryville... i don't think their QB completed a pass longer than two or three yards, and plus he got intercepted 4 or 5 times. If fulton plays with any kind of heart, they'll beat A-E.

murvil rebels. How did the first score of the scrimmage with MHS happen? I think it was a 40 yard touchdown pass from AE QB to AE WR. That was the only score in the scrimmage with the varsity of both teams. The other score was Maryville #2's. Both teams MHS abd AE looked very good for a first scrimmage. Also a couple of the ints came on play # 10 when AE was trying to get a touchdown the last play. So if you are going to state the scrimmage state the facts.

I have at least seen AE so i will weigh in on this one. At the AE/Maryville scrimmage both defenses were well ahead of the offenses which is expected the fifth day of practice. AE's defense though has the potential to be special. #54 was all over the field. They all have speed and good pursuit to the ball each play. They don't let up. Fulton lost a lot from last year and AE after winning the state in 2001 seems to be reloaded and ready to go. I would take AE. Also their offense, like Maryville's was a bit rusty but good strong running and they scored on a long TD pass. I think AE has the potential to make another state run.