BA scouts

BigTommy

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, not to defend BA, but there is already plenty of recruiting that goes on in Rutherford County... just ask Gary Rankin... how do you explain three different kids living across the street from each other and going to three different schools? I think Rankin, Marty Euverard (Oakland) and now David Alsup (Blackman) definitely do their share of recruiting in an area that has screwed up zone lines...

haha It's even more laughable because Brentwood High School won the statechampionship at 5A and Brentwood Academy didn't.

BA beat BHS, and they might be a better team, but most kids like playing for a state champion (especially when going to that school is free!)

Those schools are only a few blocks from each other...BHS is very nice, and has great athletics (volleyball, football, basketball, etc)

I take up for BA, but it would be tough to convince me to go to BA when the school i was zoned to was winning state titles.

Hey, not to defend BA, but there is already plenty of recruiting that goes on in Rutherford County... just ask Gary Rankin... how do you explain three different kids living across the street from each other and going to three different schools? I think Rankin, Marty Euverard (Oakland) and now David Alsup (Blackman) definitely do their share of recruiting in an area that has screwed up zone lines...

i know for a fact coach euverard does not do any form of recruiting...and i would venture to say that rankin(even though some say he did in the past)doesnt either. both of these coaches have proved that they can coach, and people know that. same thing with coach alsup. they all are very good coaches, and they dont have to go sit and talk to kids when kids know what kind of success they can have. i know for a fact that no body on oaklands team was recruited, they all live in the zone...its like some1 said earlier, success breeds success...when u win, people want to play there...

TheEgoHasLanded Posted on Aug 10 - 08:52 PM

"it would be tough to convince me to go to BA when the school i was zoned to was winning state titles (BHS). "

WINNING STATE TITLES? BHS HAS WON ONE STATE TITLE IN FOOTBALL! PLUS THEY HAVE NEVER BEATEN BRENTWOOD ACADEMY IN FOOTBALL EVER SINCE THE SCHOOLS HAVE BEEN OPENED AND MOST YEARS BHS REFUSES TO PLAY BA. ONLY WHEN THEY THINK THEY'VE GOT A REAL CHANCE OF WINNING DO THEY DECIDE TO STEP ON THE SAME FIELD AS BA

TheEgoHasLanded let me share with you a post you your self posted on another thread. Ok here we go....

"Research has shown that kids at private schools get in trouble less, have less drug problems, perform better on standardized tests, and go to college at a much higher rate, more kids at private schools also go to church, if you want to bring morals in to it."

Ask yourself is it about state championships cause sure BA didnt get it last year and BHS did or is high school about an expierence? Through your own words I believe you can determine the answer!

these large private schools dont recruit the best kids from middle class neighborhoods to help the kids out. They do it so they can say that their schools are better than public schools. The man and his money are trying to hold the people down and I am fed up. If you people dont think Flatt recruits now after he took his case before the supreme court then youve all got blinders on.

these large private schools dont recruit the best kids from middle class neighborhoods to help the kids out. They do it so they can say that their schools are better than public schools. The man and his money are trying to hold the people down and I am fed up. If you people dont think Flatt recruits now after he took his case before the supreme court then youve all got blinders on.

Big Tommy,

Let me add yet another challenge to those alreday given to you by previous posters.

If you are "fed up" and have proof that recruiting is taking place, I strongly encourge you to file an official complaint with the TSSAA. Make sure the guilty are punished.

I am not a supporter of Brentwood Academy in any sense, but I am growing weary of people attempting to disparage the reputation of BA or any other school by continuing to post accusations without facts. If any school is reported to the TSSAA for recruiting violations, found guilty of those violations, and then sanctioned accordingly, the media will be quick to make it known. At least then the situation can be debated here with known facts as the basis for discussion.

Posting accusations based on the accounts of nameless sources and hearsay proves nothing, solves nothing, limits your credibility and is totally irresponsible.

Remember, all are innocent of violating the rules, including the school you support, until proven guilty.

Guest region4fan

I would like to address this situation. First I would like to make it CLEAR that I am not accusing anyone of recruiting. However, I am FURIOUS that Marty Euverard's name was mentioned as a possible recruiter. Let me tell you that my son played at OHS and I am still familiar with the program and support it. Marty Euverard is one of the FINEST men you would ever meet. He is a Christian man who believes in following the rules. He has NEVER recruited a soul,> How could their numbers be so small this year if he were recruiting?? Answer that one for me. His reputation as a coach and as a gentleman are not to be questioned.

The only thing that I can think of that would ever prompt someone to question Coach U would be that AJ Alexander is now on our team. There may be someone else on his street that still attends Riverdale. AJ was not recruited, he was a product of the changing zones. He could remain at RHS if he chose to, or go to school in his new zone. He chose Oakland. Now if you are referring to CJ Powell...he was not recruited either. It seems he has visited many schools since leaving Riverdale. he actually lives in Oakland's zone, but is not attending school there.

If you are accusing Coach E, you better come through with a name or keep your mouth shut!!

If you are accusing Coach E, you better come through with a name or keep your mouth shut!!

region4fan

I appreciate your passion and agree that Coach Euverard doesn't deserve to be mentioned in a discussion about recruiting. My point is that we don't need to be bringing up names of players or coaches in this kind of discussion unless an official inquiry has taken place and sanctions have been passed down by the TSSAA. Even then, using players names is probably unwise.

It is time for everyone to stop accusing each other of wrongdoing without proven facts, period. Such activity is childish and does nothing but hurt kids, coaches, and the reputation of Tennessee high school football.