Best Defenses in Tennessee

Baldcoach

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think that the best defence is brentwood academy..Brentwood has 3 very strong and phisical d- lineman...they have an excellent linebacker core with very strong jt wash and some of the hardest hitters in the state in parker cason and jaxon shaw...BA's ends are the 2 most athletic ends in the state by far in david holbert and barry turner...David is the 3rd best fullback in the nation and barry is the fastest off the line if he is rushing the passing in the state...there dbs are extremely fast in 4.3 bruce little and 4.4 chris slay... there safeties are tyler griffin and kyle willis-these 2 are two of the most disipline and hardest hitters in the state...there is brentwood academys defense...BEST IN THE STATE

I'd agree that Brentwood Academy's defense is one of the best, although I wouldn't have said so after their effort against Centennial. They're improving, and I can't wait to see what they can do this year. And don't be fooled, folks -- all of Oakland's points were scored in the 2nd half against the backups, they didn't put up 20 points against BA's starters.

I'd also include MBA's defense right now -- they handed it to Brian Brohm and Trinity, partially thanks to the Shamrocks' depleted OL, but primarily due to MBA's excellent execution and coaching. They subsequently shut out Lavergne, who is no national contender but it was a shutout nonetheless. I'd look to this week's game against Southaven as a major indication of where they stand...they stopped a finesse offense in Trinity, but now they'll have to shut down a smashmouth, ball-control team against which force is more important than strategy. If they beat Southaven convincingly, I'd label them the best in the state.

I would agree with WesVol MBA to hold a nationally ranked team to 13 points is pretty darn good. M. West held Lavonte to 3 yards in first half, what about the 71 yards in the second half? Apparently Cleveland found a weakness. Riverdale is pretty darn good as well. I think as far a systems go Page has a pretty good D just not the personnel this year.

The past two season the defense has carried gallatins football team. and if they play with the same emotion they showed last week versus springfield the rest of the season this year will be more of the same. they are one of the toughest d's to move the ball on and they are even tougher to score on. as long as they stay hungry and keep playing with lots of emotion they will be a huge force in 5A