Best Defenses in Tennessee

Baldcoach

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville's defense has reloaded.

Andrew Hodge and Jeffery Smith are outstanding at defensive end. Jacob Hicks and Jesse Miles are good backups.It is hard to run to Smiths side.

Adam Cable,Ryan Headrick,Aaron May,Adam Parnell and BJ Telfer have played well at tackle.

At linebacker Dee Arrington,Matt Valentine and Larry Hannon have done well as starters. Arrington is a headhunter. He sometimes forgets to wrap up though. You can't fault his effort though. Hannon is as tough as they come. He will put all of his 160lbs into a ballcarrier. Valentine is special. Valentine is a sure tackler. Corey Everett and Zack Thomason have done well also. When McCord and Byner start playing again Parnell will play more at linebacker.

Secondary is awesome. Adam Humphrey and Logan Flowers have played great at corner. Matt Cox and Kirk Harris are good Backups. The safety position is the strength of Maryville's team. Dave Garner,Andrew Clement,Alex Rouse and Tyler Gaskin play back there. All 4 guys are great athletes. 2 guys will play a series then the other 2 will come in with no dropoff what so ever.

With the outstanding freshmen class the defense will keep being good. Freshmen have not given up a single point this year.

Ok, after the Boyd-Baylor game I am gonna say that in 1a no one has as good a D as Boyd. Held Baylor to 10 and the TD was from only 35 yards out at the beginning of the drive. 252 total yards offense for the Raiders and that is with 3 turnovers by the Boyd offense.

Let's all remember that Baylor is div2 3a...one of the 'Super 7' and Boyd is div1 1a(about 310 kids). Final score 12 - 6 (the extra 2 came on a safety...not the D)

since so many defenses have shown up and completely shut down maryville... trurebelplaya... i guess you have a point there (extreme sarcasm), maryville is just awesome on offense and no defense came anywhere close to stopping them last year, i think west's 28 pts they gave up was like... 3rd lowest maryville scored all year, don't gimme that, cleveland was a HUGE game and west gave up 10 pts, held barber to 3 yds in the first half, this defense is for real

and for the record, i'm not talking trash to maryville, i'm not taking anything away from maryville's win against west or anything like that, i'm defending my boys, west's defense let them down in 2 games last year, both to maryville (didn't play well against greeneville, but still scored 1 or 2 defensive TDs) so maybe west can show up for the big games, but simply got outplayed in those 2 contests against the rebels

once again, i'm looking for west to have a GREAT defense this year, these guys have worked really hard over the off season and they deserve it