Oakland @ Franklin

FHSrebel27

Guest region4fan

Wes Vols, I do not think that he was trying to put your Eagles down. Everywhere on this board Oakland has taken heat for having a small roster. I think he was just trying to enforce the fact that these kids feel like they can go to war with the team that they have. I have tried to emphasize the closeness that this team has for one another already. I think LB11 has just proven my point.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Granted Henry County was not as strong as Lincoln Co. or even Columbia, but I think you saw a preview of a much improved defense. The scheme did change in terms of the linebacker and DE responsibilities - not sure if Coach J was actually calling the plays.

With Josh Nelson, a three year two way starter back at DE full time along with Kirn and Hammond returning this week, play will continue to improve.

Wes Vols, I do not think that he was trying to put your Eagles down. Everywhere on this board Oakland has taken heat for having a small roster. I think he was just trying to enforce the fact that these kids feel like they can go to war with the team that they have. I have tried to emphasize the closeness that this team has for one another already. I think LB11 has just proven my point.

Oh, I know it wasn't his intention to bring down BA; if anything, I was just informing everyone that BA has uncommon chemistry for such a large team. Just figured I'd put it out there. :ph34r:

Granted Henry County was not as strong as Lincoln Co. or even Columbia, but I think you saw a preview of a much improved defense. The scheme did change in terms of the linebacker and DE responsibilities - not sure if Coach J was actually calling the plays.

With Josh Nelson, a three year two way starter back at DE full time along with Kirn and Hammond returning this week, play will continue to improve.

Glad to hear these guys are all returning... keep in mind they were all out in the shutout vs Henry County. So was Brad Christiansen so improvement has certainly been made at D. Let's hope these guys step in and continue at the level of play before their injuries.

Where are all the Oakland/Region 4 people??? :( This is not a very fun discussion.

Guest region4fan

Everyone is not giving them a chance to win this one. They are a determined bunch and will go down fighting. Their conditioning looked really good against Lavernge, which was a factor against BA. Laverge had some HUGE players on the lines. I mean GIANT!!OHS hung in there and man-handled that line. Let's remember that Laverge played MBA a lot better than expected. They regained their confidence with the region win. They made some adjustments and improved. But the main consideration is that they believe in themselves and their coaches. You have to believe that you can win. Plus they are not intimidated by anyone.

Hmm... ok. Well let me say this if you don't mind: I'm glad you believe in your Patriots and I'm glad you think that they have the desire to win this game. But who's to say that OHS's desire is any stronger than Franklin's? You can't. I know Franklin's players wish that everyone wasn't picking them to win. But a lot of people are... and even so, the game will be played. That's what I want to know about. Besides Carlos Crawford, I don't know much about Oakland. I want to know why our offense won't be sucessful against your defense. I want to know why the Rebel D won't stop Crawford and the rest of the Oakland offense.

Guest region4fan

Way to go CARLOS CRAWFORD and DARYL FRAME for getting Honorable Mention 5A player of the week! You made us proud, and we know that you always credit your teammates and coaches with your honors!

Guest region4fan

Our Oline played well on Friday. They came together and protected Ebal and opened up holes for Carlos.Carlos got 139 yds rushing after being out for 2 weeks.He got 100 in the first half.He scored 2 tds. Carlos is not our only threat running the ball.....look for AJ Alexander and Kentrell Roper to rip some too.I do not Ebal was making good decisions and making some throws that I really did not realize he could make. He passed for over 100 yds himself. Having Carlos back gave us a shot isn the arm. Everyone came together and stepped up.

Guest Oakland

due to me being halfway bewteen nervous as heck and enthused as the world, i am declaring region4fan my official spokesperson for this game, i have already made a fool out of myself once this week and determined not to let that happen again.

Edited by oakland2001