Jefferson County @ Morristown West

mrtruth

The key along with Parker will be the offensive line. If they can hold their blocks, Brown has the talent and speed to run past West. If the line blocks well this could be a long night for the trojans. If they dont, the patriots are coming back to dumplin valley unhappy.

Is Brown that freshman everyone is talking about?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Brown that freshman everyone is talking about?

nope thats Chris Shiverdecker, Tyler Brown is a Senior WR. Shiverdecker will succeed Scooter Houston as the speed back of JC. He will be a quality player on both sides of the ball and special teams. His brother played basket for the Patriots a few years back.

Not so fast my friend.

The Tribune may have Jefferson County winning, but I just left the Tribune and I know more about Morristown West than all four Tribune sports writers put together and this game will end up in the loss column for tha Pats.

Sorry, boys, you have a good team and you might win 5A, but being the best in 5A doesn't mean much these days.

Morristown West 28 Jeff Co. 14

Do you think that the Tribune is bias toward West? They always seem to have more headlines about Jeff, East and even Rutledge. They really don't seem to like Woods and company very much.

From the folks at East that I talked to when I was with the Tribune until recently, they call it "The West Side Story." Which means all of Morristown has issues with which side of town gets more coverage.

And why the City Championship ought to be a dandy this year,

I myself think that Jeff County goes to Burke-Toney and wins; not because West's defense can't stop the Pats' offense, but because West's offense is anorexic. Just because West spanked Cocke County doesn't mean their offense has arrived. Lest we forget that Cocke County has only beaten South Greene...Cumberland Gap topped South Greene last week.

Still, the Trojans will keep it close on defense. I really hope they win because I know there's a bandwagon jumper that graduated from West who just loves Jeff County now and would like to see Meadows' boys get one over Woods' boys.

What a game.

Morristown West has one of the best defenses in the state, however Jeff has one of the most explosive offenses. So lets talk about the other match up. Can Jeff hold a not to par West offense in check? To close to call for me. Home field and turnovers means alot here. Jeff can't afford any mistakes and they can still win the game. Thompsons defense will be tough. West by 1

"Defense wins championships"-

West has a great D intercepts passes or get fubles and returns them for touchdowns west wins.

Advantage-west

"The best offense always beats the best defense"

Defense may win championships but that doesn`t mean that when they face a great offesive team they will win.The D must make a mistake for Jeff to win,either miss tackles,break downs in the secondary,or over commiting to a play if west does that it will be a long night for them

Advantage- Jeff Co.

Special Teams may be the decideing factor if Jeff Co can`t score on West D and the Crap West Offense can`t score on Jeff Co. It will come down to special teams.If I was West I would never kick the ball to Scooter

Advantage Jeff Co

Jeff wins

Jeff -24

Morr West-3

Having had the chance to see both teams play this season, here's what I believe will shake down:

The Trojans have an outstanding defense and an average offense; the Patriots have an outstanding offense and an average defense.

It will come down to the team that makes the big play when it counts. Also, a low-scoring game favors West while a high-scoring affair plays into Jefferson County's hands.

Final Score: Jefferson County 21, M'Town West 20

Although Jeff CO has Scoot and company returning kicks I dont know if they have the advantage on special teams. We have had some disastrous punts this year so far and the kick/punt coverage is still suspect. Jenkins is a good kicker period and especially for a baseball player. But my pick is still with my Patriots.