O.R. Vs. McMinn Co.

boyfromsi

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is really a key game as far the Region 2 Championship is concerned.

McMinn Co has 2 Region wins against Ooltewah and Farragut, a 4-1 overall record and those 4 wins are all in a row.

Still, Oak Ridge is so strong. I have no idea about McMinn Co other than checking their scores on here. With the game being at Oak Ridge, I would expect the Wildcats to win this game. Maybe it won't be a rout, but unless McMinn Co has a real good football team, it will be...... Oak Ridge is powerful.

Good Luck Wilcats

Still hoping for the OR vs. DB rematch

Giddy Up

I agree, Soddy looks strong. Anybody who thinks this is a one or two horse race is wrong. I even look for ooltewah to make some noise before the season's up - - not to mention McMinn and W-B. Of Course, Booker and company are the one everyone's aiming for...... I know WaCo, Jpats5, and others will vehemently disagree (isn't that the point of these boards anyway!), but top to bottom the TVAC (2-5A) is stronger than the Big East.

Ultimatefan,

I agree with you that the Oak Ridge vs McMinn County game will not decide the Region 2-5A Championship this Friday night. Please, don't hold Oak Ridge accountable for what Kingsport fans say. Region championships and State Championships are won on the football field and not on CoachT.com.

I was impressed with the SD Trojans last Friday and expect the OR vs SD game on Oct. 31 to be a slobber knocker.

Oak Ridge has five very difficult games left in McMinn County, William Blount, Farragut, Soddy, and the Owls. I hope the Wildcats win them all but I won't disrespect their opponents and over look any team.

A reminder for some fans, State Championships since 1969 have been won on the football field.

~~Best of luck to all the teams this Friday night :o

Wow! Chattanooga fans a little "touchy" today. Anyways, I didn't mean for this thread to be a discussion for the outcome of 2-5A, but a discussion of 'our' next game, McMinn Co. The only reason I think that McMinn is one of the top teams is the quality of their wins over pretty good competition. No way do I mean any disrepect to other teams in the region, it's just that they are not next on the schedule. However, at this point in the season, McMinn Co. seems to be the team that has run "under the radar." Certainly not Soddy Daisy.

We bring a great running game and stifling defense to this contest against a pretty balanced McMinn Co team. I have not heard much discussion on McMinn so far this season and am anxious to hear more from others who have seen them play.

Top to bottom Region 2 is stronger than Region 1? Who cares... Does the bottom make the playoffs?? Nope.... And,Region 2 usually does not fair to well against Region 1 in the Playoffs. Period.

Soddy Daisy?? Strong? The Daisy's have not beaten 1 team this year with a winning record. The 1 team they played with a winning record, William Blount, they lost too. To the Govenors? That is not strong.

I was really just trying to give the rest of Region 2 a little bit of hope. There is no hope for you, really. Oak Ridge will destroy, destroy, destroy any team in Region 2. The rest of your Top to Bottom Region can fight it out for the remaining playoff spots.

Oak Rigde 52

McMinn Co 07

Edited by ArtVandalay