Alcoa 21 Rockwood 6

BigT2006

Wow. That was an amazing game. Alcoa took it to Rockwood and left with a big victory. Corey Payne was hurt with 5 minutes to go in the fourth quarter. They said they thought he had a concussion, but luckily he didnt. My hat is off to Alcoa and sending prayers to Corey Payne. Your comments?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was one heck of a game. ALCOA is a very talented football team, and fought as hard as ever for that one. Tigers, we have to su<k it up and get on with the season. It's a shock after 5-0 to go to 5-1, but no more! Just goes to show you how much harder we'll have to work to finish where we want to (Region title isn't gone yet :lol: ). I feel sorry for Meigs, cause we're out for blood! :rolleyes:

It was a better game then the score said. I say if we score when we was on the one yard line Rockwood wins the game, but give Alcoa credit they played the better game tonight.

One more thing ive seen alot of Rockwood players on this board talking about the games the past few weeks. I would love to see you all stick to the practice field and the games then chatting on here. Im affarid the next few weeks your going see things about how OS is going beat you all. DO EVERYONE IN ROCKWOOD A FAVOR let them people run there mouth about it and let them think there going beat us and you all go out and show them on the field then going back and forth on here. :)

Edited by CCHSJets2002

Rockwood does have a good season going and will definately be a playoff team. You guys could do us both a favor and knock off oliver springs. As you could probably tell our special teams are horrible and we turned the ball over to much early in the year. Against Maryville, William Blount, and Oliver Springs turnovers killed us. I feel if we dont make a couple of bonehead mistakes...this Tornado team would be 6-1 with 3 5-A wins and only loss being to the #1 ranked 4-A team in the state...which has won 39 in a row and is probably the best all around team in the state, regardless of class! I guess those mistakes are going to happen though when your 7 or 8 best players are freshman and sophmores. I have watched this young team and new coaching staff get better each week and gel closer together. It is a good feeling knowing you will play better in the second half because your coaching staff will make good adjustments at the half. I feel Alcoa has a good coaching staff, unless we have a special teams coach...lol!, and will definately put Alcoa football back where they are used to being. All that said, once again...good luck to Rockwood and we wish your Quaterback a speedy recovery. Hope it isnt anything too serious! He is a good leader.

Alcoa is improving but continues to make too many mistakes. If Alcoa is able to capitalize on the fumble at the Rockwood 5 in the first half the game might not have been so close. But, give Rockwood credit for playing tough. Hope their QB is up and around quick. He looks like a tough kid and a good leader.

Congrats Alcoa on the win. Keep up the good work. The best has not come yet. You all are still young. Rockwood I agree with what Zeno said. You all are a very good team and Meigs better watch out because now Rockwood don't have to worry about going undefeated. Should be a Tigers vs. Tigers game.