Down the stretch in 5A

just1np

Franklin knocked Brentwood from the ranks of the unbeaten, so 6-5A looks to lie in the Dickson Co.-Franklin game. I'd have to give the edge to DC, having beaten Riverdale at home.

Gallatin maintains control of 5-5A, but still has very tough games against Hendersonville and Hunters Lane.

Riverdale looks like they still own 4-5A, having already beaten Smyrna, there only real threat.

And Lincoln Co. still has to play Coffee Co., but hard to see Coffee Co. pulling off the upset in that one.

-that should be "jockeying" I guess.

Edited by just1np

no love for Dobyns-Bennett?

Region 1 5A has been over for some time now. D-B is head and sholders #1, with Jeff County and Science Hill as #2 and #3 respectivly. D-B shouldn't see a real challenge until well into the playoffs. Might be interesting if the Indians meet Jeff County again. Surely the injured key Indians will be held out to heal during the final regular season games. They'll need Lamont in the playoffs...don't need him to finish off the remainder of the regular season schedule.

6-5A has a long way to go before the Franklin / Dickson Co game.

Brentwood has only 1 region loss, and plays Dickson Co in week 9.

Dickson Co is undefeated in 6-5A but has yet to Play Centennial (Week 8), Brentwood (Week 9), and then Franklin (Week 10).

Franklin needs to keep focussed and not have a let down against Ravenwood and Kenwood.

Best scenario for Franklin, Centennial knocks of Dickson Co this week and Brentwood knocks off Dickson Co next week. This would make the Week 10 game meaningless as far as region seeding goes.

Lots to played yet to start planning to host a playoff game yet!

Edited by faninthestand

Dickson Co is in the same situation as Gallatin concerning the playoffs. These last three games are big to determine the seeding. Dickson Co has Centennial, Brentwood, and Franklin. Gallatin has Hendersonville, Hunters Lane, and Beech. While Dickson Co has locked up a playoff spot, Gallatin has not. In fact noone in 5-5A has of yet. This week is big for our region.

6-5A has a long way to go before the Franklin / Dickson Co game.

Brentwood has only 1 region loss, and plays Dickson Co in week 9.

Dickson Co is undefeated in 6-5A but has yet to Play Centennial (Week 8), Brentwood (Week 9), and then Franklin (Week 10).

Franklin needs to keep focussed and not have a let down against Ravenwood and Kenwood.

Best scenario for Franklin, Centennial knocks of Dickson Co this week and Brentwood knocks off Dickson Co next week. This would make the Week 10 game meaningless as far as region seeding goes.

Lots to played yet to start planning to host a playoff game yet!

I agree 100%! However, there is a worse-case scenario that is possible. Dickson County beats Centennial and then Brentwood beats Dickson County. It would be a must win then in week 10 for the Rebels or they would drop very quickly to third in the region.

The key is to just stay focused on what they have to do and can do. That's what Franklin will do, too so I'm not worried. I'm just glad it's not a tougher opponent (no disrespect Raptors) after this huge win last week.